Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM

Default authorized Ilok not detected, activation code used. help?!

I recently bought Pro Tools 9, it came with an ilok, and I have the m-audio Fast Track ultra 8R. all of these are new and im trying to get it set up. i have set up my ilok.com account, and an avid account. when i try to open Pro Tools, it comes up with a message saying " no authorized ilok detected, please insert a authorized ilok". I have the ilok inserted when i try to open pro tools. I go to avid's activate page, and enter the activation code, but it tells me that the code has already been used, but i have only entered it once. im not sure what to do now, any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergandy View Post
I recently bought Pro Tools 9, it came with an ilok, and I have the m-audio Fast Track ultra 8R. all of these are new and im trying to get it set up. i have set up my ilok.com account, and an avid account. when i try to open Pro Tools, it comes up with a message saying " no authorized ilok detected, please insert a authorized ilok". I have the ilok inserted when i try to open pro tools. I go to avid's activate page, and enter the activation code, but it tells me that the code has already been used, but i have only entered it once. im not sure what to do now, any help would be appreciated.
What exact product did you purchase? What exact SKU or product bundle? It is surprising you can still purchase Pro Tools 9 stand-alone software (which is how it reads above) from any authorized channel/reseller. Where did you purchase this from?

Have you registered this software yourself before and are you getting bogus messages saying you need to do it again? if so see http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en349391.

After a first registration did you download the licensee to the iLok from your iLok.com account? What exact licenses does iLok.com show is on your iLok?

Either the authorization has been used -- in which case you may be being ripped off by the seller or you are entering the number wrong. In the case there is a backend problem Avid should be able to help you--and the way to deal with that is the link at the bottom of the registration page that takes you to a page to deal with this.

If the iLok is faulty you need to start the RMA process described on iLok.com, or if it was me, I'd return the whole package to my local authorized retailer.

Darryl
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 AM

Default Re: authorized Ilok not detected, activation code used. help?!

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...271&popup=true

You can try here and see if this helps.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:26 PM

Default Re: authorized Ilok not detected, activation code used. help?!

Thanks for your responses. It is Pro Tools 9 Full Version on V2 ilok. I bought it off ebay and it was listed as new and never used. it includes the ilok V2 with the Pro Tools asset on it. I went back to ilok.com, downloaded the ilok driver and installer, then installed both, and restarted my computer. once i got the computer up and running, i decided to see if the drivers and ilok/PACE download did anything. Behold! it opened Pro Tools no problem. i had read that with most of these you did not need to activate it as the ilok should come pre activated. Only other problem i have is i could not find a registration card to register once i opened pro tools. however, i clicked the remind me later function and everything seemed to work fine.