Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2015, 10:17 PM

Default Help with focusrite 56 into pthd [solved]

can anyone please tell me how to use my focusrite liquid 56 saffire for just its preamps only? ive tried everything, even tried doing what the standalone guide shows with no luck,,, i plug a mic in ch 1 on the 56 and i want audio to come out of only 1 quarter inch output then into my 192. however i plug a mic in ch 1 on the 56 and it outputs audio on quarter inch outputs 10,9,8 and 7? i do not wanna use it other than as an 8 in 8 out box individually. ch1 in output ch 1 out to my 192, ch2 in ch2 output to 192 ch 2 and so on thru ch 8. any help would be greatly appreciated. ive been going since 6 pm last night and now its 1215. very frustrating!!thanks.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Help with focusrite 56 into pthd

nevermind, finally got it!
Old 03-20-2015, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Help with focusrite 56 into pthd

Why not share your solution with the next guy?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Focusrite

Default Re: Help with focusrite 56 into pthd [solved]

To send the analog inputs straight to the line outs you need to manually choose analog ins to go out to the line outs within MixControl's routing section. After you have set those settings go to file and hit save to hardware.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Help with focusrite 56 into pthd [solved]

drew, heres what happened. I was hoping to set it up in my old spectral pc as I hate to put my mac online unless I absolutely have to. so I had installed the software on the pc. I tried for hours to do it with no luck. I couldn't change the ins and outs. so I finally downloaded on to the mac. I had to install 2 different versions from the focusrite site. then it worked perfectly. I assigned channels accordingly, 1 was analog in, 2 was analog in all the way thru 8. where I think I may have been messing up also was assigning the outputs, I was looking for analog out but it doesn't say analog out anywhere in the drop down menu, just analog in,,daw and I cant remember the last option as im in a different room now,,, anyway what you have to do is use analog in as your output. maybe focusrite should have been more specific because had it said analog out on the out in the drop down menu it would have been a no brainer. I thought about doing a video demonstration and may do so if I get free soon. but if anyone else needs a walkthrough id be glad to help.