Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 03-23-2011, 12:13 AM

Default Damaged M-Powered 8 DVD

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if I'm on the right track?

Scuse me if I'm repeating others questions, I've searched but didn't find anything exactly the same in the forum.

My disk for installing pro tools m powered 8 has a burn? mark through it (strange.....not scratched, looks like installing previously got too hot and damaged the disc), through reading a couple of threads in here I worked out I need to get in contact with avid, they check my registration and details, they then send me a download link or post a new dvd once they confirm.

So I try to find contact details, I cant get through on the phone number, I think there was some confusion on my part about what number to dial from australia. Then I look further and read about avid now needs an Avid Support Code these days to ask a question, which I have to buy? I need to pay to ask for a disc replacement because the disc was heat damaged with normal use?

So, am I on the right track?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Am I on the right track?

Anyone?

Even if you let me know where to ask it'd be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 AM

Set up an account with avid and register the m-powered software. Then under the account you can contact/email avid for help and they will likely give you a download code.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:08 PM

Cheers for that tribedescribe.

Just had a look in my emails and have an email from Avid Webmaster about my account from 9 months or so ago when I first installed pro tools and registered.

I'll go to avid and log in and see how I go from there.

Thanks again!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Logged in my avid account, it seems there is lots of information here except an email link to ask someone questions. I'm sure there must be one somewhere and the fault is on my behalf because I'm half asleep or something.

I sent some feedback to the webmaster explaining my situation and asking for an email address. I did pay for this product, can't understand why this is so difficult unless I am missing something obvious. This is the first time I have wanted some kind of official support, it's not like I'm draining their profits by asking for them to teach me how to use the programme via support or something similar. And if the disk was dodgey why should I have to pay $40 to speak to someone?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Avid

Post Re: Am I on the right track?

We emailed your registered (not DUC) email account with info.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:40 PM

You might have to buy a support ticket if you want fast results. Although if your avid account is linked to your duc account avid could respond to thread directly and put the download in automatically in your avid account. This is rare but it has been done before. Title the thread "Digi where is my download? bad disc". I think its a shame to have to pay a ticket for bad disc. Although they could just ignore you. Good luck
Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Damaged M-Powered 8 DVD

I just received an email linking me to a new account with the installer.

Quick service once I'd gone through the right channel! Thanks avid and digiCS!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCS View Post

Hi,

I have the very same problem. I have been a customer with you guys for a few years now and all my products are registered. Could you please advice me the avenues at which to rectify this problem,

Thanks,

Ciaran
Old 10-25-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCS View Post
Hi DigiCS, can you help me out please as I have the identical problem youve sorted for the chap who started this forum. My installation disk for pro tools 8 seems to have the very same malfunction. If you need more information as to my account details with you guys I can give it to you here. Email address which is linked to my Avid account is [email protected]. I would really appreciate it,

Thanks,

Ciaran