Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-21-2013, 02:19 PM

Default Instrument Track Region: Adjusting Volume?

Hello,

How do I adjust the volume on individual clips/regions of an instrument/MIDI track?

For audio clips (ie vocals) I know how to do it, bc there's a slider on each clip. However, I don't see such a slider for instrument/MIDI clips. When I try it using the drop down menu, I highlight a region on my instrument track and hit something like Edit--> Adjust Volume, it adjusts the volume of the whole track, not just the clip.

Anyone know the right way to do this?

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2013, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Instrument Track Region: Adjusting Volume?

Clip gain is not a feature for midi information. You can however select to view your volume on the midi track, then select the clip, use the crop tool ( https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...Dg6QYoFTLxnv_g its the tool on the left with the 2 arrows pointing left and right and should also come up when using the smart tool (all 3 edit tools will be highlighted in blue as the image shows) when you are hovering your mouse over a specific area of the clip)and the volume will raise or lower for the selected clip only.... you will see this visually as the volume line will be adjusted for just the selected area.