Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Default I cant seem to record on an instrumental!! NEED HEELP!!

Ok, so im having trouble recording on an instrumental track on Pro Tools 9 LE. I have a windows 7 HP computer. I have the Mbox 3 mini connected. Everything seems to be connected correctly. Its just that when the instrumental is not playing the mic goes through clearly and you can record, but once i play the instrumental their is no sound going into the mic. Its like if its muted but its not. but then i stop the instrumental and you can hear the mic sound go through clearly. Im a nooby in pro tools so have patience with me. lol
Old 09-11-2012, 01:03 PM

There is no such thing in Pro Tools as an "instrumental" there is an instrument track

What instrument are you recording?

An instrument track is for recording MIDI (eg from a MIDI keyboard). An audio track is for recording audio (vocals, guitar, acoustic piano, drums, keyboard audio out etc.).

I suspect you need to start with some of the Pro Tools examples/tutorials and have a flip through the documentation.

Overall the Pro Tools doc is very good, it's just intimidating until you find you way around a bit.

Darryl