Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-17-2017, 07:39 AM

Default iLok misery

My iLok contained permanent authorization for 10, 11 and 12 up to 12.5. While 12 was loading on my Mac it stopped and noted an iLok error I'd never seen. I tried it on my laptop with 10 and it was fine. iLok site said to try moving files to my account and then back to the iLok but their management software reported an error and then crashed. When I logged back on there were no authorizations in my account and none on the iLok. I've sent messages to Avid and to iLok but I'm wondering if iLok will have any record of my licenses at
all or if digi will replace them. I've ordered an iLok 3 that'll be here Tuesday and while waiting for this to sort out I have my old G5 TDM setup to limp by on but this is a seriously annoying situation. Has anyone navigated these waters before?
Old 12-17-2017, 08:31 AM

Default Re: iLok misery

Did you have ZDT?

Yes, if you had a license then there will be a record of it.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 12-17-2017, 09:08 AM

Default iLok misery

Lots of useful information missing: what *exact* original iLok error? What *exact* subsequent ILM error? What version of ILM? On what OS? Did you test with the very latest ILM? Do you have TLC coverage? ZDT coverage?

If you have a possibly damaged iLok then why not RMA that back to Pace and let them replace it and the license? And yes Pace will know what you have, but it is quite likely they will want/prefer the original iLok back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2017, 01:04 PM

Os 10.11.6 on the mini, 10.9.5 on the laptop. Since both PT on the mini and then the ilok manager software crashed after showing errors I did not have the luxury of documenting what they were. ILM is the most current version, I checked that before using it. I don't have Zero Down Time or Theft and Loss. My previous iloks have been fine for over a decade so I guess I was lulled into a false sense of security. If they have records of the Licenses that were in my account but now no longer show up then all should be well when I send the ilok in via RMA. I'm just concerned that the ILM software now shows nothing in my account or on the ilok in regards to my newer PT authorizations and that if iLok doesn't have other records I can't see then they'll have no basis for reinstating them.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:39 PM

The iLok account I found using your community email address shows 16 Avid licenses. This includes a Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 (NT) bundle. Checked for your case and that shows this has been resolved.