Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 PM

Default Zoom problem with midi editor window on protool 8

Dear All, im a protools 8 user with a powermac G5 2.0 dual+002 rack & Macbook pro 2.4 + M box pro, but recently i got one problem with these two systems, when i use zoom tools enlarge the view in the midi editor window to the max, but after i cant zoom back, even used "command + {"still can't do, and i re-installed the protools again, it stay fine for only few days, but after is the same, anyone can help ?
thank you so much
=)
Old 06-26-2009, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Zoom problem with midi editor window on protool 8

Same zoom issue but on a PC with M-Powered. Kind of surprised Digi hasn't mentioned anything about this. It's pretty fundamental that you are able to see what you're doing.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:06 PM

I have had the same problem on a PC running XP pro HD 2 for some time....I was able to talk to customer support and they did not have the issue in their data base, but they do now after talking with me...it is definitely a bug...I sent them a copy of my session and they are testing it, but are unable to recreate the bug...hoping to hear back from them soon!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM

I had the exact same problem using mbox pro and macbook pro/PT8.

I posted here and had a guy on the phone for hours unable to resolve this weird quirk.

Have you done all the cs updates?

I understand you've re-installed PT. I think the cs updates helped. You've tried trashing Digidatabases on all drives, as well as trashed prefs, emptied trash and restarted?

I found that after one of these steps, I was able to create a NEW SESSION that did NOT do this really annoying thing. However, I can not go back to any session in which this issue existed, because in those sessions, the ISSUE STILL EXISTS! Weird, huh? What I wound up doing was inporting tracks from the corrupt sessions into a new session that was not corrupt. But as far as I know, no fix will eliminate the problem in session already created with this issue.

Hope this helped.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 AM

Same here with HD8! I can't work with it at all, any fix ? First when I open my project the MIDI Zoom in / out wors well.
After a certain time ist not workimng anymore.
However meanwhile I doubt that it was the right way switching to profools, so many issues. Virus TDM not working right, structure crashes , and now even the host is trash
Old 08-31-2009, 07:47 AM

Apologies for reposting, but this fix was a hard one to run down and I'd like to help anyone who - like me - was having it.

SOLUTION:

Under:
Preferences/Display

You can set the Edit Window Default Length. In cases where the MIDI Zoom is malfunctioning, this length is set to an unreasonably long amount of time (over 7 hrs on my system.) Setting the length to a shorter amount of time completely fixes the problem on my sessions, but I have run into it a few times with older sessions and must reset it for each.

Hope this helps.

nelson everhart
Old 12-17-2009, 02:10 PM

Much thanks. Just ran into this nasty bug myself...
Old 08-10-2012, 09:09 PM

I know this is super old...but I figured it out.... on the midi zoom buttonat the top left...if you double click on it, it zooms all the way out... then youcan single click zoom in one click at a time... if you go too far... you gotta start completely zoomed out again.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBroadcast View Post
I know this is super old...but I figured it out.... on the midi zoom buttonat the top left...if you double click on it, it zooms all the way out... then youcan single click zoom in one click at a time... if you go too far... you gotta start completely zoomed out again.
You just made my day. Spent hours looking for a solution. Thanks!