How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2016, 01:52 AM

Default Midi note not kept after dropping out

Hi,

Disclaiimer - I have searched and can't find the answer. If it is somewhere please aim me in the correct direction.

We jumped from PT10HD Accel on an old Mac Pro to HDX_Native and since then the midi Quickpunch functionality has changed.

Historically when you dropped in, a note on event was triggered and you could see the note being drawn whilst recording. This would continue until the note off event.
In the new version you do not see the note until the note-off event is triggered. So what I hear you say....

Now I drop in, replacing the previous midi. I get to the point that I want to drop out. I drop out, but the Pianist holds the note too long so the note-off event doesn't get recorded. This results in the final note played note being recorded. It's infuriating.

I know I can use midi-merge as a work-around but that means I have to clear the drop-in section for every pass. I currently use playlists to create a "drop-in" track and an "Original Pass" track but again, it's unelegant and a step backwards in functionality IMHO.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Midi note not kept after dropping out

No-one else getting this at all?