Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2023, 07:51 AM

Default Re: ProTools 2023.12 available for download on Avid site:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
It was announced that RX ARA will be part of this update.
What happened?
It was never quoted as being part of this update. Only that it is coming soon.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-13-2023, 07:55 AM

Marianna, I had to go the Sonoma route for various other reasons and to be honest, the reason not to, in regard to ProTools Ultimate did not make me hold back.
This, now with 2023.12, is by far, the most stable MacOS/ProTools system I've had since I think version 4 or 5, where you had to sit quietly and pray that the Mezzo tape drive was gonna restore for ya session that day.
Things have come a loooooong way.

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-13-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
This, now with 2023.12, is by far, the most stable MacOS/ProTools system I've had since I think version 4 or 5, where you had to sit quietly and pray that the Mezzo tape drive was gonna restore for ya session that day.
Oh man, don't mention Mezzo, I'm getting PSTD just thinking about it!
But good to know about 2023.12 being stable for you.
Old 12-13-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Faraway.....

The integration offers an independent re-render that can be used for loudness metering with your choice of plugin, or as an additional 5.1 or 2.0 send/print of the mix. We’ve prepared this document to help answer common questions about the current Dolby Atmos integration in Pro Tools.

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...s-Renderer-FAQ

I will pass along this note to the team as it may be something they expect to improve upon but at least it gives them pause that folks want it.

Thanks
Marianna
TBH, I think there are two sides to this inquiry.
1. Not many realise that the default source for loudness measurement in the DOLBY Renderer is a live 5.1 re-render. (which is now provided by default in the internal PT Dolby workflow)
2. Even the Pro-Limter has a very good Loudness meter included (you need to be using it as a limiter).

So, IMO, I would say, maybe there needs to be more literature to describe... err no wait a minute.... Youtube videos (eek don't get me started on .."this hack" or "you won't believe" ....aargh.

Let's face it, no one spends the time to learn anymore. Does my had in.

Old 12-13-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
It was announced that RX ARA will be part of this update.
What happened?
Safe to assume there were issues that couldn't be resolved within the release window.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Faraway.....

The integration offers an independent re-render that can be used for loudness metering with your choice of plugin, or as an additional 5.1 or 2.0 send/print of the mix. We’ve prepared this document to help answer common questions about the current Dolby Atmos integration in Pro Tools.

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...s-Renderer-FAQ

I will pass along this note to the team as it may be something they expect to improve upon but at least it gives them pause that folks want it.

Thanks
Marianna
Marianna, I'm sorry to ask this basic Dolby Atmos question, but I've just come from Nuendo to check out PT's new internal renderer and I can't see how to add multiple beds (and I can't find it on the manual). Can you point me in the right direction?
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 12-13-2023, 09:32 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
Something's really broken with backwards compatibility to external atmos renderers.

There was the thing with the subpaths that someone earlier mentioned. That right there is a no go for me and most people.

Seems like there are also these weird clashes happening between binaural settings in the io window, and those in the dolby plugin. Why did you decide that having those settings in the io window was a good idea by the way? Ask any atmos engineer, and most will tell you that they make binaural setting decisions in realtime during live playback.

Also, the IO window for external renderers is totally janky. It tries to add new outputs in the output tab and by doing so, removes existing output mappings. If you're doing anything more advanced than using Dolby Audio Bridge, you're looking at hacks and workarounds to get anything going. Didn't used to be that way.

Then when I did finally get things connected, the first old session I opened shot a feedback loop through my speakers.

Love what you've tried to do here, but you've quite severely compromised the core functionality of what used to be the best Dolby Atmos integration in the game.
Hi There!

This article might help! https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...ing-to-2023-12

If not, best to create a case with your info and a video or screenshot of the behavior of what's happening. Let me know the case number so I can have someone jump on this.

Thanks!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 12-13-2023, 10:29 AM

Marianna,
Thanks again for all your help. Quick question ... do you know if they fixed the drag/drop clip problem in this update?
Nick
Old 12-13-2023, 10:50 AM

having an issue with 2023-12... see my thread here...

PT 2023-12 weird "select between markers" issue

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=426935

Old 12-13-2023, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
Hi There!

This article might help! https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...ing-to-2023-12

If not, best to create a case with your info and a video or screenshot of the behavior of what's happening. Let me know the case number so I can have someone jump on this.

Thanks!
Thanks for responding. Interestingly, over Dolby Audio Bridge I'm not seeing these same problems. When I'm back at the other studio where I was having the feedback loop / subpath issue, I'll see what I can document and reach out with more info if I can get it to reproduce.