Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2023, 04:15 PM

Default Re: ProTools 2023.12 available for download on Avid site:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
It'll be 5 years from the last Mac Intel sold (at least.) The last new Mac Intel sold was this year (2023) when it was discontinued. So you have a macOS in 2028 or 2029 to be the first candidate to not have Intel code.
At least Intel owners hope so.

Last PPC sold was August 2006 and PPC code was dropped August 2009.

Three years. That would mean macOS 17 drops Intel code.
Old 12-12-2023, 04:15 PM

From this Thread about the full screen video size not being retained in 2023.9, it was also mentioned that less than full screen video size, even with Windows Configurations, was also not retained. The release notes for 2023.12 say the full size video is now back to being retained. Can anyone with 2023.12 installed who works with video confirm both full screen and less-than full screen sizes are now retained? Thanks.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 12-12-2023, 04:36 PM

Something's really broken with backwards compatibility to external atmos renderers.

There was the thing with the subpaths that someone earlier mentioned. That right there is a no go for me and most people.

Seems like there are also these weird clashes happening between binaural settings in the io window, and those in the dolby plugin. Why did you decide that having those settings in the io window was a good idea by the way? Ask any atmos engineer, and most will tell you that they make binaural setting decisions in realtime during live playback.

Also, the IO window for external renderers is totally janky. It tries to add new outputs in the output tab and by doing so, removes existing output mappings. If you're doing anything more advanced than using Dolby Audio Bridge, you're looking at hacks and workarounds to get anything going. Didn't used to be that way.

Then when I did finally get things connected, the first old session I opened shot a feedback loop through my speakers.

Love what you've tried to do here, but you've quite severely compromised the core functionality of what used to be the best Dolby Atmos integration in the game.
Old 12-12-2023, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
From this Thread about the full screen video size not being retained in 2023.9, it was also mentioned that less than full screen video size, even with Windows Configurations, was also not retained. The release notes for 2023.12 say the full size video is now back to being retained. Can anyone with 2023.12 installed who works with video confirm both full screen and less-than full screen sizes are now retained? Thanks.
I didn't test this specifically but of the three sessions I opened today that had video all of them had the proper "full screen" size. And I was definitely one of those having issues with window sizes in 2023.9.

Certainly I'll be looking into this further in the coming days and I'll mention any issues.
Old 12-12-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraway View Post
Uhm is it me or did Avid neglect to put any loudness metering in the new built-in Atmos Render?
You measure it off the included realtime 5.1 re-render, as the external Dolby Renderer did it before. (available as output in ProTools (insert your fav loudness meter on it and just mute the output)
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-12-2023, 07:25 PM

So can't make mp4 with the internal renderer, but can you mix an adm to pics with the internal renderer, then go to the Dolby Renderer V5 and make an MP4 with your pics?
Old 12-12-2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
So can't make mp4 with the internal renderer, but can you mix an adm to pics with the internal renderer, then go to the Dolby Renderer V5 and make an MP4 with your pics?
Yes.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-12-2023, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Yes.
Thanks Matt, I just went to Dolby and found you could, should have probably looked there first.
Cheers
Old 12-12-2023, 07:39 PM

I'm seeing some 2023.9 sessions open in 2023.12 with VI's blasting fullscale audio until deactivated then reactivated. Be careful out there when opening !
Old 12-12-2023, 08:33 PM

Uh color coded paths but I would want the color coding most when selecting say the bus in an IO Selector... but the colors don't show up in the menu there. Just seems like they left out a lot of the usefulness.