Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2022, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Can we use Aux IO to have system output come from monitors when Pro Tools is runn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I shoulda caught that in your signature. As mentioned above, the hurdle is your OS. You're a couple iterations behind the minimum for Aux IOs.
Typed the wrong one. I’m running Monterey. Also, dang, I need to update my signature. Thanks for the reminder!
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 10-17-2022, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Can we use Aux IO to have system output come from monitors when Pro Tools is runn

Ok, so you’re on Monterey so let’s break this down.

It would be helpful to send some pics of your AUX IO setup, your routing in the Input tab, the track input you’re trying to get your system audio into. Your Mac playback device in the audio settings of the Mac OS.

This isn’t applicable with HD Native but with HDX you need to have Hybrid engine turned on for Aux IO to work.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Ok, so you’re on Monterey so let’s break this down.

It would be helpful to send some pics of your AUX IO setup, your routing in the Input tab, the track input you’re trying to get your system audio into. Your Mac playback device in the audio settings of the Mac OS.

This isn’t applicable with HD Native but with HDX you need to have Hybrid engine turned on for Aux IO to work.
Uploaded. Does anything look wrong?
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 10-19-2022, 09:28 AM

Get rid of the inactive Source-Nexus plug in on your Sys Sound track. That might be what's keeping you from getting any input on that track.

All the rest of the routing looks good but you do not have the Sys Sounds track in Input for monitoring.

To test if you're getting signal back into Pro Tools, create a new Aux track and assign the input to the PTAB. If you're seeing signal then the routing is working.

Just double check for me that you do not the capability to turn on hybrid mode in Settings->Playback Engine.
Old 10-19-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focuret View Post
Uploaded. Does anything look wrong?
Just pointing out the obvious, that that's an audio track -- not an aux track -- and would therefore need to be placed into Input or Record to hear the incoming signal.
Old 10-19-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Just pointing out the obvious, that that's an audio track -- not an aux track -- and would therefore need to be placed into Input or Record to hear the incoming signal.
i bes dumb. Ermagad. it fix now…………

Seriously, how in the heck did I not…uuuugh. Thank you!
Old 10-19-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Get rid of the inactive Source-Nexus plug in on your Sys Sound track. That might be what's keeping you from getting any input on that track.

All the rest of the routing looks good but you do not have the Sys Sounds track in Input for monitoring.

To test if you're getting signal back into Pro Tools, create a new Aux track and assign the input to the PTAB. If you're seeing signal then the routing is working.

Just double check for me that you do not the capability to turn on hybrid mode in Settings->Playback Engine.
My brain went into recession. It’s fixed now. Good lord it was so obvious it pains me.