Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 05:21 PM

Default antares autotune rack version....worth it?

hi guys, i'm looking into getting the autotune rackmount version for vocals because i work with a lot of singers who need a little help here and there on pitch and if this will make my life easier than i'm all ears. i heard that the rackmount autotune is so much easier to understand rather than the plugin so any input on this is appreciated. thanks all!
Old 08-15-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: antares autotune rack version....worth it?

as far as I know the software and hardware function pretty much the same. I have only used the software though and read reviews about the hardware... usually for the most part any new pieces of gear are a learning curve unless you have used them before.. I would read up on some reviews on Sweetwater.com or musiciansfriend.com, or zzsounds.com first before purchasing though. Most of those places will have fairly accurate opinions also. Goodluck
Old 08-15-2005, 05:49 PM

The hardware doesn't include Graphic Mode -- which is the only way AutoTune is used by professionals. The hardware is used by (some) "artists" on the road.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-15-2005, 08:31 PM

I'm selling my hardware unit to go software direction. New Autotune 4 is real time and as Rail said, allows for graph edit.

I have used the external unit for a year or so and it has served me well. I record alot of friends bands for free and am not about to spend hours working with sucky singers, so it has been well worth the investment.

I'll sell it for a reasonable offer...email if interested.

Ross
Old 08-16-2005, 12:23 PM

Did you buy the software version? Do the graphic editing tools work?
Specifically, the line tool.
The demo I downloaded is really buggy. Try tutorial file 4 as described in the manual, tell me it isn't true.
I already bought this puppy and am afraid to open the box. I can't get a reply from Antares support.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:35 PM

Learn the graphical way. Also there is a bug with 4 that will be addressed with an update.