Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 09-24-2016, 10:59 AM

Default This software requires installation of the interlok(r) device drivers

Hello,

I have an Eleven Rack, which came with an iLok 2 and a PT 10 license.
I downloaded the latest PT10 version (10.3.10) for Windows 7 64 bit.

I have the latest drivers for the iLok and all my software is up to date. I've rebooted, reinstalled the iLok software, still the problem persists.

I boot PT10 in admin mode.
When i open it, first i get a very annoying message telling me i have an NTFS drive with a name longer than 11 characters ('System Reserved'). Fair enough.

And then, when every single plugin loads i get the following message :
This software requires installation of the interlok(r) device drivers bla-bla-bla.

I've looked around on the net and cannot find a solution.
I am this close to selling the Eleven and vowing to stay away from all AVID products. Let's face it, the Eleven doesn't even sound good and it cannot be used as a regular sound card outside of PT as far as i know. It's just a hassle. Since i got myself an analogue speaker simulator i'm really realizing that the Eleven is just a very expensive waste of space.

Anyway, i need to get PT10 running for other reasons and these damn errors are preventing from doing it.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thank you very much. I'm desperate, as you can hear from my tone. Sorry.

All the best,
Rick
Old 09-24-2016, 02:46 PM

Default Re: This software requires installation of the interlok(r) device drivers

Do you have the iLok licenses for all the plugins that are loading placed on an iLok and not just in your account?

Not sure why it is picking up on your System Reserved partition. Did you try removing the drive letter from it? Or renaming it? Though, I don't know your system, so I actually wouldn't do that unless you know what you would need to do in order to recover if the system was looking for that path.

So, what exactly happens with Pro Tools? Does it open? Have you tried a different USB port for the iLok? If the iLok is in a hub, try plugging it directly into the computer, sometimes that can help.

Have you tried uninstalling the iLok drivers and re-installing them?
www.iLok.com

Or, do you have the error where the Pace drivers are not starting? If so, you can try this.

iLok Services Not Running - Troubleshooting (Pro Tools)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80JrUmGXNhs
Old 09-24-2016, 03:47 PM

Default Re: This software requires installation of the interlok(r) device drivers

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Anyone following this will be glad to know i fixed it by uninstalling the iLok software (LicenseSupportInstallerWin64_v3.1.1_r34746) and installing the old legacy drivers from the iLok.com site (LicenseSupportInstallerWin64_v2_4_7_r27997), 64 bit version, even though according to the iLok site those drivers are for VISTA and older.

However, i've had a ton of issues since then :
- The Eleven Rack Editor would not connect even though the ER Control Panel could, so i have switched from a USB 3 port to a USB 2 and removed the USB extension i was using, and this let the ER Editor load correctly, but i couldn't be sure...because the window would minimize automatically and i could never open it to see. To fix that, I had to remove all the files in the C / User / AppData / Roaming / Avid / Eleven folder.
- PT 10 opens fine (still warns me about NFTS names being too long) (i do not want to change the name of the System Reserved partition)...never had this problem on any software ever...
...BUT i cannot see the Eleven Rack in the Setup / Hardware or Playback Engine section. Just uninstalled and reinstalled PT10, still no change. Have also reinstalled the ER drivers and Editor.
What is strange is that it opens a window with the ER Editor when i load PT10, and it lets me select the ER when it asks me what sort of project i want to create. When i click in the editor, like 'tuner' for example, the ER reacts accordingly.

Quite a list of issues. I'm amazed that a company such as AVID releases products with this many problems.

Any help is very appreciated !
Thanks
--------------
Eleven Rack with latest everything.
Windows 7 Utimate x64
ProTools 10.3.10 (latest)
TC Electronic Impact Twin
A ton of problems.

Last edited by RickD16v; 09-24-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:00 PM

Rick:
As replied to in your other post here iLok2's have known issues with USB3 ports. The usual solution is to use a USB2 hub, plug the iLok into that and the hub into the computer.

QAPLA!