Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 11:15 PM

Default Differences between PT le and other DAW\'s

Hi all. I have recorded using analogue most of my music career. When I was approached with the prospect of recording my own cd (rather than just singing and playing for other ppl) I was very excited. I have been in the process of recording this cd for about a year now. I have released a few demo's...one using Logic Audio the other with Cubase sx. However, I was never satisfied with Logic or Cubase; the sound just wasnt "professional" enough if you know what I mean. A producer friend of mine told me about the 002 Rack and that PT was the "industry standard." I think he meant PT HD. Anyway, recently I bought the 002 Rack. I have to say I now see the potential of recording a commercial cd at home.

I definitely think I'm pulling a much more "pro" sound from 002 rack. What are some of your thoughts?

-Simon
Old 12-20-2003, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Differences between PT le and other DAW\'s

Hi Simon: PT is THE standard, wich not means it's the best. In USA this is the order in DAWs preferences in the Pro level:

1 Protools (all versions)
2 Logic-Nuendo
3 DP-Cubase
4 all others (piramix, soundscape/mackie red, etc)

The great thing about PT is if you record sometinhg in your home, or in travel in Africa, it always be at least 1 studio with PT in town, but is always hard to find a studio with one of the other softwares, specially if you're outside USA. The quality in PT is great, the 002 let you record up to 32 tracks @96k/24 bits, a HUGE amount of plugins (really good ones, but never like hardware) and MAC-PC interoperability.
Take care
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins