Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 03-12-2016, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Audiosuite Render key shortcut

I downloaded FastScripts and its working now! Unbelievable. Thank you so much for this. Going to save me a huge amount of time. Now another question. What if I have multiple AudioSuite's open? Is it possible to have a script for each or it can it only work with one?
Old 03-12-2016, 04:03 PM

It's working now but I still have some other questions. Thanks for this.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
You can avoid that by using AppleScript. The window location doesn't matter.

Here is the code to click the Render button in an AudioSuite window for Pro Tools versions 10.3 to 12.4.

HTML Code:
set returnValue to missing value

try
	if ptVersionCheck("12.2") then
		activate application "Pro Tools"
		tell application "System Events"
			tell process "Pro Tools"
				tell (1st window whose name contains "Audio Suite") to click button "Render" -- Render button
			end tell
		end tell

else if ptVersionCheck("11.1") then
			tell process "Pro Tools"
				tell (1st window whose name contains "Audio Suite") to click button "process" -- Render button
			end tell
		end tell

else if ptVersionCheck("10.3") then
			tell process "Pro Tools"
				tell (1st window whose name contains "AudioSuite") to click button "process" -- Process button
			end tell
		end tell

else
		-- Display error message
		tell application "Pro Tools"
			activate
			display dialog "This action requires Pro Tools 10.3 or higher." giving up after 10 with title "Incompatible Pro Tools Version" buttons {"Cancel"} default button "Cancel"
		end tell
	end if

on error
	return returnValue
end try

on ptVersionCheck(referenceVersion)
	set proToolsVersion to version of application "Pro Tools"
	considering numeric strings
		return (proToolsVersion as text) is greater than or equal to referenceVersion
	end considering
end ptVersionCheck

Save this code into a new Apple Script Editor document or use it in QuicKeys.
Thanks VERY much for this. I used your idea for additional AudioSuite shortcuts:

PREVIEW PROCESSING
tell process "Pro Tools"
tell (1st window whose name contains "Audio Suite") to click button "Preview Processing" -- PREVIEW PROCESSING button
end tell
end tell

BYPASS
tell process "Pro Tools"
tell (1st window whose name contains "Audio Suite") to click button "BYPASS" -- BYPASS button
end tell
end tell

NEXT SETTING
tell process "Pro Tools"
tell (1st window whose name contains "Audio Suite") to click button "Next Setting" -- PLUS button
end tell
end tell

PREVIOUS SETTING
tell process "Pro Tools"
tell (1st window whose name contains "Audio Suite") to click button "Previous Setting" -- MINUS button
end tell
end tell

***** MAC - To check an AppleScript for errors:
Copy the script into Script Editor and then Script/Compile (or hammer icon).
Script Editor is in Applications/Utilities
Old 03-13-2016, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I was wondering if maybe you or anyone else would have a script that I saw for PT 11. There was a member who posted on the ProTools expert a script he had for deleting all muted regions in a session. He called it "Muter"

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...rq=applescript

It doesn't work for PT12 and I'd love to see if anyone has a PT12 version of it. It would save a huge amount of time cleaning up dialog tracks. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
Thanks for the additional suggestions. I was wondering if maybe you or anyone else would have a script that I saw for PT 11. There was a member who posted on the ProTools expert a script he had for deleting all muted regions in a session. He called it "Muter"

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...rq=applescript

It doesn't work for PT12 and I'd love to see if anyone has a PT12 version of it. It would save a huge amount of time cleaning up dialog tracks. Thanks.
I have done something like this, it will be part of my Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 2 package to be released next month.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:27 PM

BTW, please refer to this thread for more AppleScripts of mine. For PT 11.1 and higher only though.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
I have done something like this, it will be part of my Pro Tools Automation Scripts Vol. 2 package to be released next month.
That's going to be great. Can't wait.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:28 AM

Hello -

I have used the shortcuts scripts from Oliver and Richard901 with great success. These are a welcome addition to my automated work flow Thank you!

I am having one custom config problem trying to shortcut the "LEARN" button on Izotope RX6 Ambience Match Audiosuite plug-in using this modification I made to the script :

tell (1st window whose name contains "Audio Suite") to click button "LEARN" -- LEARN button

Other Scripts for ( Bypass, Preview, Render ) are successful and recognize the Ambience Match plug-in HOWEVER with my LEARN script modification the LEARN button fails to capture any highlighted/selected audio. The plug-in simply flashes a millesceond when the script is played.

Could the LEARN button be called something else that I'm unaware? Is a delay setting needed -- any help to why it is not recognized etc is greatly appreciated.

Thank you -

Tom

OSX Yosemite
PT 11.3
FastScripts
AppleScript
SSL nucleus 1
Apogee Ensemble TB
Old 07-24-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygrr View Post
Hello -

I have used the shortcuts scripts from Oliver and Richard901 with great success. These are a welcome addition to my automated work flow Thank you!

I am having one custom config problem trying to shortcut the "LEARN" button on Izotope RX6 Ambience Match Audiosuite plug-in using this modification I made to the script :

tell (1st window whose name contains "Audio Suite") to click button "LEARN" -- LEARN button

Other Scripts for ( Bypass, Preview, Render ) are successful and recognize the Ambience Match plug-in HOWEVER with my LEARN script modification the LEARN button fails to capture any highlighted/selected audio. The plug-in simply flashes a millesceond when the script is played.

Could the LEARN button be called something else that I'm unaware? Is a delay setting needed -- any help to why it is not recognized etc is greatly appreciated.

Thank you -

Tom

About 4 months ago I received the very same question via private message from another user on this board.
Here is my answer which is still valid:

Instead of clicking the Render button you want to click the Learn button via AppleScript in RX Ambience Match, correct? I don’t have RX Advanced but the standard version only which does not contain Ambience Match.

I would suggest that you get UI Browser (http://pfiddlesoft.com/uibrowser/), a little helper tool to check button names and other GUI elements in plug-in user interfaces. If that's not what you're trying to do then please elaborate.