Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2015, 01:10 PM

Default Is using Avid HD driver with Cubase 8: Is it possible?

Has anyone with PT HD Native been able to run Cubase 8 with their Avid HD drivers and I/O?

I have the latest version of Cubase 8 Artist, and the latest Avid HD driver; however, the Avid HD driver is not showing up in the list of available drivers within Cubase.
I believe this might be because the HD driver isn't ASIO-based. And if that's true, is there a "stand alone" avid driver I can install that will show up in Cubase?

I have searched extensively for the past week on whether or not this is possible. Haven't found anything that sufficiently verifies it yet.

I'm waiting to hear back from tech support staff, and I posted a similar question in the Steinberg forum already (which has yet to receive a response). So in the meantime, I thought it wouldn't hurt to poke this forum on this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Is using Avid HD driver with Cubase 8: Is it possible?

I'm using my HD omni with Cubase7 on MAC with no issue.
hope this help.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Is using Avid HD driver with Cubase 8: Is it possible?

Thanks for your reply, akhafaji.

Did you have to do anything extra or special to get your HD Native Driver to show up in Cubase, or was it just there when you first installed and loaded Cubase?

I know that Macs use AudioCore drivers whereas PCs use ASIO and I am thinking there is a discrepancy between the two, where the Avid HD driver for PCs doesn't have ASIO capabilities.

I am waiting to hear back from Avid on the validity of my assessment. I will be sure to post their answers in this thread. It's hard to believe I am the only one experiencing this issue.