Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2000, 10:19 AM

Default ATTO & 001

I have a Digi001 on a G4/500 w/512megs of cas 2 ram, I am wondering if anyone knows of a concise guide to fine tuning the performance of the 001. I also have the stock ATTO SCSI card and the 18 gig drive, using a IDE drive for the OS (Macintosh) Drive. I have read some stuff about the ATTO cards and am wondering if the stock card is capable of the highest performance. I also don't understand how to go about setting the data transfer rate. Thanks in advance for any help on this. Also can ram disk be beneficial in any way?
Old 07-24-2000, 01:13 AM

Default Re: ATTO & 001

Hi Kurtz,

Well even i also use the G4 400MHz with 192 RAM only, the system is really fast. I also have the ATTO SCSI card but Single Channel only. My card supports 40MB/sec data transfer rate. But it is Advisable to us set the Transfer Rate to 20MB/sec. Please so Check the www.ATTOTECH.com website for more information and also Digidesign Web site. And regarding the Performance tuning, It is always better to Open few applications when you are using PT LE. Avoid using Shareware appications with reside in your memory. Close all Unwanted Applications. Always do recording on the 18 gig Drive and not on the IDE Mac drive (suggested by Digidesign). Very important thing is that check the ATTO's latest FirmWare and Better Update it First! I think the Version number should be 1.4.x or 1.5.x, I am not very sure, Please check the Web site of ATTO. I am not sure of the RAM disk. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2000, 07:45 PM

Default Re: ATTO & 001

Yes, Col. ...Good luck. You may need it. I've tried everything anybody could think of for 3 months now with my brand-new piece-o-**** Atto card, every possible tweak, and nothing will stop the PCI bus errors. It's gotten so bad that I've decided to cut my losses and go IDE. $240 US down the drain, not including the inflated cost of SCSI drives. SCSI used to rule over IDE in the 90's but now it just blows, and in ways too numerous to even count. A word to the wise...