Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 11:56 AM

Default XPand wont install on win xp

Hi Xpand wont install. After a considerable amount of time I get the message "CRC fault, cycle redundancy check". I reinstalled PT M powered 7.1 but same thing happens. HELP!!
Old 07-02-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: XPand wont install on win xp

It seems a CRC fault is because of an error while transferring data, probably from the CD rom to the Hard Drive.

See if you can copy the files from the disc to a folder on your hard drive and run the installer from there.

You might just have a bad disc.

EDIT: I tried it and it won't install from my hard drive. You might see if you can get a relacement disc if you don't find another solution.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:25 AM

Default Re: XPand wont install on win xp

Strange thing is that it installed perfectly on my stationary old p4 pc, but this is happening when installing on my lap, a brand new asus s5a, which by the way seems to run PT much more smoothly than the old p4 especially when it comes to redrawing windows in PT.

I can try to get a new disc, but since it nstalled fine on the p4 I suspect something else is wrong.
/yours Frans Mossberg