Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2015, 09:55 AM

Default MAJOR bouncing problem

So I had a simple transfer session come in today. Fortunately it was a good friend. I imported some files 44/16 to be edited and put on a disc. I bounced the files down (again 44/16/interleaved) and when I tried to load them into another program to burn a disc, I received the following message:

WAVE file error: this is not a RIFF-PCM audio file

I thought it may have been a bug, so I tried burning in iTunes. Could not load files. I looked at the file and I noticed it was exceptionally large. I opened it in Quicktime Player so I could look at the info in the inspector window. It only showed that it was a 16 bit file. No sample rate, no file type.

I tried opening a new session 44/16 and importing an entirely different file 44/16 and bouncing it to disk. The original imported file size was around 24mb, but after bounce, it was 72mb. This is not good. Any ideas?

Last edited by taproot; 09-02-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:01 AM

Default Re: MAJOR bouncing problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by taproot View Post
So I had a simple transfer session come in today. Fortunately it was a good friend. I imported some files 44/16 to be edited and put on a disc. I bounced the files down (again 44/16/interleaved) and when I tried to load them into another program to burn a disc, I received the following message:

WAVE file error: this is not a RIFF-PCM audio file

I thought it may have been a bug, so I tried burning in iTunes. Could not load files. I looked at the file and I noticed it was exceptionally large. I opened it in Quicktime Player do I could look at the info in the inspector window. It only show that it was a 16 bit file. No sample rate, no file type.

I tried opening a new session 44/16 and importing an entirely different file 44/16 and bouncing it to disk. The original file size was around 24mb, but after bounce, it was 72mb. This is not good. Any ideas?
Hi,

Are you 100% certain you are bouncing the new files at 44.1k?

It sounds like you are bouncing at 48k maybe!! its selectable in the bounce window.

chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:07 AM

Yes. I've checked everything. I tried offline and real time bouncing. Everything is checked appropriately. Seems like it's bouncing at 96k, but looking at the bounced file in inspector, it doesn't even give a sample rate.

I quit, restarted and opened a new session, imported a known file and bounced again. Same deal.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:21 AM

FWIW, I was able to send the client home with his demos by consolidating the edited files in PT and burning from the files within the "audio files" folder. Definitely something strange is happening when bouncing.
www.taprootaudiodesign.com
www.facebook.com/taprootaudiodesign
Old 09-02-2015, 10:45 AM

***USER ERROR***

After looking at the info window again, I noticed by Number of channels, it read 6. It was bouncing in 5.1 interleaved (whatever that is). I was working on a movie when he got here.

I was bouncing from my Surround Mon Output buss, rather than the Analog 1-2---->Surround Monitor Output Buss.
www.taprootaudiodesign.com
www.facebook.com/taprootaudiodesign