How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 02-25-2021, 07:41 AM

Default Can't see my second HD 192? Help

I'm running Pro Tools 8 on a Mac Pro 4.1 with OS 10.6..with a D command

and the extra fader pack.
I'm seeing the first 192 analog, but the second 192 digital isn't showing up in my Hardware on the session.
The first 192 is connected to the core pcie card, the software is seeing both sections of the D-Command.

It's been awhile since I set this system up, and had I recently had to buy a new power supply for the board, so not sure if I need to reinstall the second hardware into my Protools sessions. Any suggestions how I go about that???? Please??

Thank you.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Can't see my second HD 192? Help

You solve these problems by simplifying stuff, solving one problem at a time and using careful testing.

Not sure why the D-Command has anything to do with Pro Tools seeing a 192. Forget the D-Command for now.

Disconnect the 192 Analog and put the 192 Digital where the 192 Analog was, using the same DigiLink cable as the 192 Analog was using and just get it working by itself with Pro Tools, ignore the D-Command.

Problems?... run Digitest in that simple configuration.

If the 192 Digital by itself works but having both the 192 Analog and 192 Digital connected does not then try different DigiLink cables, or try swapping port/cable/192s around and seeing what the problem follows.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Can't see my second HD 192? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman56 View Post
I'm running Pro Tools 8 on a Mac Pro 4.1 with OS 10.6..with a D command

and the extra fader pack.
I'm seeing the first 192 analog, but the second 192 digital isn't showing up in my Hardware on the session.
The first 192 is connected to the core pcie card, the software is seeing both sections of the D-Command.

It's been awhile since I set this system up, and had I recently had to buy a new power supply for the board, so not sure if I need to reinstall the second hardware into my Protools sessions. Any suggestions how I go about that???? Please??

Thank you.
Hi,

You don’t say how the second 192 is connected?

Is in connected direct to a card or linked from the first 192?

Also how is the second 192 clocked to the system? It should be connected to and from the first 192 via loop sync to get its sync clock

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.