Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-05-2015, 01:17 PM

Default Eleven rack updater -can't find drivers - update firmware trouble!

HI.
Hope someone can help me!? I have searched the threads and found numerous answers to similar trouble, but nothing works for me. I am trying to update firmware from v.1.0.1 to v.1.o.3. I have removed IE 9 and finally gotten the eleven rack updater to run. Prior to this I have installed the newest drivers ( 1.1.10), I have also tried earlier versions. No matter what I do, the updater will not find the drivers (" you dont have the latest drivers installed") and update fails. I run win 7 64bit and I have tried to run the updater even though the button i greyed out. But i fails to run firmware update, and I get a message saying: eleven rack update failed.
I am getting really frustrated - please help!
Old 11-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack updater -can't find drivers - update firmware trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
HI.
Hope someone can help me!? I have searched the threads and found numerous answers to similar trouble, but nothing works for me. I am trying to update firmware from v.1.0.1 to v.1.o.3. I have removed IE 9 and finally gotten the eleven rack updater to run. Prior to this I have installed the newest drivers ( 1.1.10), I have also tried earlier versions. No matter what I do, the updater will not find the drivers (" you dont have the latest drivers installed") and update fails. I run win 7 64bit and I have tried to run the updater even though the button i greyed out. But i fails to run firmware update, and I get a message saying: eleven rack update failed.
I am getting really frustrated - please help!
If you are trying to install the old firmware, try using the older drivers. 1.0.8 should work.

Before you do this make certain you really have 1.0.1 and not 2.0.1, because that would mean you will overwrite the expansion pack.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-05-2015, 04:57 PM

Thanks a million! The 1.0.8 drivers solved my problem and firmware 1.0.3 is now installed. Couldn't find them on the avid site, but found them after a search (why is it not available at Avids knowledge base?) Now I can install the latest drivers again and get the expansion pack if I want to?
Old 11-06-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
Thanks a million! The 1.0.8 drivers solved my problem and firmware 1.0.3 is now installed. Couldn't find them on the avid site, but found them after a search (why is it not available at Avids knowledge base?) Now I can install the latest drivers again and get the expansion pack if I want to?
They are really old drivers so Avid usually culls the pot after awhile. I have them linked on my Eleven Rack blog site though for anyone who needs them.

You can install the latest drivers now and update to the ERXP (aka firmware 2.0.1) Just be aware of all the issues with the ERXP updater. You may need to come back here if you have an issue, but it will get sorted.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio