Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2019, 06:36 PM

Default Re: 2019 features for pro tools vanilla ?

Is everyone forgetting the plethora of features they gave Vanilla users that were exclusive to Ultimate over the last couple of years?

The Ultimate guys were short changed then and there were the same threads from the other side.

One should be less concerned about which tier is getting ‘features’ and more upset that none of these are new. If they were, more than likely, both sides would be getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Is everyone forgetting the plethora of features they gave Vanilla users that were exclusive to Ultimate over the last couple of years?
Of course, because those are standard features now
Old 03-02-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:

The Ultimate guys were short changed then and there were the same threads from the other side.

One should be less concerned about which tier is getting ‘features’ and more upset that none of these are new. If they were, more than likely, both sides would be getting them.

This.
Ultimate guys pay 4 times as much and just watched exclusive HD/Ultimate features go to vanilla for a few versions.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
This.
Ultimate guys pay 4 times as much and just watched exclusive HD/Ultimate features go to vanilla for a few versions.
I think we are even now guys, we should start pushing together
Old 03-03-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:

And vanilla users have to pay for it. The question is: we are paying now for what, what is coming? In fact, we use Ultimate in relation to Avid hardware, when this material is important and gives us a necessary performance. It's hard to watch the competition for ultimate users in this case. Vanilla users are more free and look elsewhere, at the software level. And it's sometimes sad to see PT ignore beautiful features. That said, when I spoke about Ultimate, I thought about the commercial strategy of Avid, which must deal with its HD users (because of the equipment already sold and especially to come). Which means that Vanilla will be abandoned in the first quarter of 2019 (or longer). I do not know if my English is clear enough, it's not my language.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 03-03-2019, 09:50 AM

I use a PT Vanilla system for video satellite link. I would like to see that the satellite function in this would be compatible with the latest Protools version. Now it's stuck to 2018.7 for using in combination with Ultimate.

Also multichannel capability would be appreciated at last..
Old 03-04-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
And vanilla users have to pay for it. The question is: we are paying now for what, what is coming? In fact, we use Ultimate in relation to Avid hardware, when this material is important and gives us a necessary performance. It's hard to watch the competition for ultimate users in this case. Vanilla users are more free and look elsewhere, at the software level. And it's sometimes sad to see PT ignore beautiful features. That said, when I spoke about Ultimate, I thought about the commercial strategy of Avid, which must deal with its HD users (because of the equipment already sold and especially to come). Which means that Vanilla will be abandoned in the first quarter of 2019 (or longer). I do not know if my English is clear enough, it's not my language.
Your English seems fine, it is your perception that is perhaps skewed. As several have pointed for the last three years or so Vanilla users have received the bulk of new features while HD got only a few (and the fact that they are now standard, does erase the fact that they were implemented for Vanilla users)
That the new features in 2019 may be targeted more towards HD is likely Avid simply attempting to placate HD users .
If this is not acceptable then as you correctly point out, it is not much of monetary "big deal" for Vanilla users to look and or go elsewhere

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 03-04-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Your English seems fine, it is your perception that is perhaps skewed. As several have pointed for the last three years or so Vanilla users have received the bulk of new features while HD got only a few (and the fact that they are now standard, does erase the fact that they were implemented for Vanilla users)
That the new features in 2019 may be targeted more towards HD is likely Avid simply attempting to placate HD users .
If this is not acceptable then as you correctly point out, it is not much of monetary "big deal" for Vanilla users to look and or go elsewhere

Weird comments . I try to explain that, no matter Ultimate and its needs, there is a strictly vanilla logic. This logic is for all non-HD users, and there are many. And to say that we can go elsewhere is to take away the right to claim something more for the extra money given each year. We can want to stay with PT, be happy with vanilla, but worry about the next developments of what we have. In fact, this thread was intended for vanilla customers. Ultimate clients have a different logic. I know her well, but that's not what interests us here. I think that this forum should separate into two sections PT vanilla and PT Ultimate.

• Etc.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
Weird comments . I try to explain that, no matter Ultimate and its needs, there is a strictly vanilla logic. This logic is for all non-HD users, and there are many. And to say that we can go elsewhere is to take away the right to claim something more for the extra money given each year. We can want to stay with PT, be happy with vanilla, but worry about the next developments of what we have. In fact, this thread was intended for vanilla customers. Ultimate clients have a different logic. I know her well, but that's not what interests us here. I think that this forum should separate into two sections PT vanilla and PT Ultimate.
Well perhaps it is actually a language problem
But basically both Vanilla and HD users are interested in what 2019 will bring . So for Vanilla it looks like double midi tracks and the ability to hot swap plugin's in and out of tracks without playback interruption are the new features so far .. So the truth is Vanilla was not ignored, it just wasn't a lot, and apparently not what you were looking for . But don't forget the year is far from over...
As far as "right to claim something more for the extra money given each year." Such a "right" does not exist, you have the same option anyone has with any DAW, to support it or not with their money . You do certainly have a "right" to suggest what you would like to see Avid include in Vanilla....which I am thinking is what you are saying

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 03-04-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Well perhaps it is actually a language problem
But basically both Vanilla and HD users are interested in what 2019 will bring . So for Vanilla it looks like double midi tracks and the ability to hot swap plugin's in and out of tracks without playback interruption are the new features so far .. So the truth is Vanilla was not ignored, it just wasn't a lot, and apparently not what you were looking for . But don't forget the year is far from over...
As far as "right to claim something more for the extra money given each year." Such a "right" does not exist, you have the same option anyone has with any DAW, to support it or not with their money . You do certainly have a "right" to suggest what you would like to see Avid include in Vanilla....which I am thinking is what you are saying
We are going in circles. Just one thing: to claim is a bad translation. I wanted to write: to worry about. I understand your reaction and I agree on this point. I do not claim and I did not mean that. For the rest, let's not talk about it, it's not so important. I only continue to hope for developments for vanilla, at least utilitarian (sometimes simple). It was the purpose of this thread.

• Etc.