Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Import session data... please break out "plug in settings" and "plug in automatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wheaton View Post
besides unlinking volume and automation etc, It would be nice if the choice list was sticky and stayed open until you complete your list of choices and then had the ability to save those choices and load saved choices.
Yes.
Or to take a step further...ISD presets.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Import session data... please break out "plug in settings" and "plug in automatio

YES,Puulllllleeeeeeeaasssssse......

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 06-09-2009, 08:26 PM

yea, as i posted in the related "delete all auto" thread;
i'm surprised these two issues haven't been stickier amongst the natives
(and the tdm'rs)...

way back in pt 6 they promised a workflow similar to changing reels out on a 2".
except, on an analog board you and your helping hands don't repeat the same moves you made on the previous song!
in fact, i have a hard time time envisioning any mixflow where you would want to import your auto moves.

before i knew about the duc i used to always call and report this as a "bug"
really, it's just a programming goof by someone who doesn't mix.
e
Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicious View Post
in fact, i have a hard time time envisioning any mixflow where you would want to import your auto moves.
Oh man, I can't count how many revisions I've done where the client wants to "use everything we've revised, but go back to the original vocal rides, etc" Without being able to import the automation data, versions would be REALLY hard (given that there aren't automation playlists).

I actually think "clear all automation" is dandy - when it works.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:26 PM

How about separating the fader volumes with the send volumes?

Also, it would be very nice to be able to select track specific data instead of global data. For example, let's say you wanted the plug-in settings for one track but only the volume and mute data for a different track/ Now it takes more than one step to import different parameters.

Last thing, the ability to save which tracks you have specified as being matched. I often have huge sessions that have similar tracks but are named something different from the import session. It's a PITA to have to keep using the pull down menu to match tracks.

Dave Reitzas
www.reitzas.com
Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Also it would be nice to select from multiple sessions in the same window.

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundoz View Post
Also it would be nice to select from multiple sessions in the same window.
and also be able to "back out" of a session you're looking into. You know, "where was that track with the great kick sample... nope not here, nope not here either... ah, here it is!" instead of having to cancel and start the import process all over again, navigating through menu after menu.

Actually what might be really cool is if the import session data command opened a session in a graphical way so you could see and select everything and anything in that session, just like looking at a normal session (but maybe more transparent so as not to confuse it's windows with the actual session your working on).

On a slightly related topic, being able to select tracks and timeline boundaries and "export to new session" with the option to copy selected audio would be handy. Like if I want to export the drum tracks only from 1 song of an hour long concert. Or export only the foley from 1 scene of a 20 minute reel for the assistant to work on.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:38 AM

and up and up and up!!!

THIS IS STILL ANNOYING!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 AM

WORD!!!

Let's fix the I/O Label Import shenanigans, as well, while we're at it. It'd be nice if it was an option again.

- James
Old 10-05-2011, 01:04 PM

+100,000 ++++ to the breakout idea. Can't be that hard to fix.