Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2013, 07:28 AM

Default How can I install new aax plugins in Pro Tools 11? [solved]

So I've had this problem for about two months now and I still can't figure it out. So I have a bunch of different plugins (all aax) that I used for PT10 but I upgraded and I am now on PT11. But for some reason, I don't know how to install my previous plugins. All I have are just the default AIR plugins and instruments. Is there a way to use more than just those? Please help!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:03 AM

Default Re: How can I install new aax plugins in Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sombric View Post
So I've had this problem for about two months now and I still can't figure it out. So I have a bunch of different plugins (all aax) that I used for PT10 but I upgraded and I am now on PT11. But for some reason, I don't know how to install my previous plugins. All I have are just the default AIR plugins and instruments. Is there a way to use more than just those? Please help!
You really need to search this forum better as this question have been asked and answered 10-15 times by now...

You need the AAX plugins and VI's to be AAX64 bit, NOT 32 bit as used in PT10 so go to the developers websites and check when they will have the 64 bit AAX ready. Waves and tons of others have not been ported yet so go and look at the plugins you have. Some have been ported to 64 bit AAX and most of them are free updates.

Follow the AAX64 bit discussions here on the links :

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341527

http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You really need to search this forum better as this question have been asked and answered 10-15 times by now...

You need the AAX plugins and VI's to be AAX64 bit, NOT 32 bit as used in PT10 so go to the developers websites and check when they will have the 64 bit AAX ready. Waves and tons of others have not been ported yet so go and look at the plugins you have. Some have been ported to 64 bit AAX and most of them are free updates.

Follow the AAX64 bit discussions here on the links :

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341527

http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Christopher

Ya I know all of that. I just don't know how to run them on Pro Tools 11. I updated all the plugins to the 64 bit aax from the sites. Why doesn't Pro Tools 11 have a similar folder to the Digidesign folder in previous versions?
Old 09-03-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Sombric View Post
Ya I know all of that. I just don't know how to run them on Pro Tools 11. I updated all the plugins to the 64 bit aax from the sites. Why doesn't Pro Tools 11 have a similar folder to the Digidesign folder in previous versions?
Pro Tools 10 and 11 share plugin folders and the plugins updated should be in the same folder as the PT10 plugins.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-03-2013, 06:46 PM

Post Re: How can I install new aax plugins in Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Pro Tools 10 and 11 share plugin folders and the plugins updated should be in the same folder as the PT10 plugins.
Press Shift+Command+G (Go to Folder...) and enter /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins. That is where your AAX plug-ins need to reside in order for Pro Tools to load them.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
Press Shift+Command+G (Go to Folder...) and enter /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins. That is where your AAX plug-ins need to reside in order for Pro Tools to load them.
Thank you guys for the help! Everything is straightened out now!