Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 12:20 AM

Default OT:Pop/Hot AC indepent songs needed for radio show

Please email us songs for our independent artist radio show called "Decent Exposure Radio":

The Requirements are....

1. Must be a pop song (something that would fit the Z-100/Star 93.3 FM Radio format - No Profanity please!)

2. The Band or artist MUST have a CD that is for sale on the internet that we can link to from the station's website (CD Baby, iTunes, Garageband.com,etc or your own site is fine). The concept is for the listener to be able to buy your music...Now!

3. Send only ONE of your best songs , it must be 128k-192k mp3 or mp4. Don't expect a follow up email about the song unless it is placed on the weekly show, then you will get a email with the links and time. We can only get 8-10 songs added each week.

4. This is a way to get on the "ClearChannel Radio empire", we are trying to get cool independent artists to the listeners who tune in to the hit pop radio station format, no record label or payola is necessary, just great songs.
The radio show will be branching out very soon.

email: [email protected]
Title your email: Song Submission for Decent Exposure
include a link to your site or promo material.

You can check out more on Decent Exposure at:
http://myspace.com/decentexposureradio
or
http://star933fm.com/pages/jimi.html
Old 07-11-2006, 12:32 AM

Default Re: OT:Pop/Hot AC indepent songs needed for radio show

How does this relate to Pro Tools TDM? Off-topic or not, surely this is just SPAM.

Imagine what this forum will be like if messages like this are allowed to fill it up.

The Digi Admin should delete this thread.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:51 AM

Quote:
How does this relate to Pro Tools TDM? Off-topic or not, surely this is just SPAM.

Imagine what this forum will be like if messages like this are allowed to fill it up.

Oh, give it a rest, Peter isnt a spammer here, you should have spent your time figuring
out who he is and what he does!!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Oh, give it a rest, Peter isnt a spammer here, you should have spent your time figuring
out who he is and what he does!!!!
OK, so I am eagerly awaiting your explanation of how this relates to Pro Tools TDM Systems on Mac OS.

I take it that you give your consent for all other readers of this forum who "are not spammers" to start posting their own off-topic threads.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:19 AM

If a thread is labelled off topic and you have a problem with off topic threads........................why read it?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:30 AM

Quote:
If a thread is labelled off topic and you have a problem with off topic threads........................why read it?
Because such messages needlessly fill up a forum designed for helping people with Pro Tools Problems. I can personally think of an endless number of interesting topics that people might be interested in or find amusing, but there are other BBS's such as ProSoundWeb for such crap. Myself and many others spend time here helping others with their Pro Tools problems, and I have certainly handed out more helpul advice than I have received. If those people who come here to help others have to wade thru off-topic posts they might reconsider wasting their valuable time and effort. I often come here when I am taking a break from editing and mixing and see if I can answer any questions.

The previous critic of my reply "diafxmx" suggested that "who somebody is" should be the criteria for whether they can post irrelevant material here. I am sure that there are many people here with impressive credentials. If they all decided to post off-topic material then nobody would get any help here at all, because we would soon be sick to death of wading thru irrelevant garbage.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:57 AM

Peter's post was titled, "OT:..."

As a respected member of the community, if once in a while some of us put out a call to our buds on the net -- I see no harm.

If we're concerned about "bandwidth" or "noise to signal" -- let's trash the COUNTLESS posts that are LE related... they CLEARLY have no place here --- whereas, in my opinion (and shared by others) a one-shot post, marked OT, to the community by a respected contributor is well within forum etiquette, and I see no reason to admonish him.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Re: OT:Pop/Hot AC indepent songs needed for radio

Quote:
Seems to me like a PT user sharing an opportunity with the community.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 AM

The reason i posted this here is this is the place where people who make records are.
I and many of my friends who produce music come here regularly.

Also, i hear people complaining everyday that radio is some huge locked up payola scam (im not doubting that lt does not happen), but we put on independent artists music ......... its that simple, you just have to have a CD that is available to buy or download, that is so the listener can buy it if they like it.

If helping independent artists sell their music is spam........ delete this post.
Jimi & I are on a mission to bring great new indy artists to the masses thru a big media giant like Clear Channel (where Jimi has been a programer/DJ for 12 years), and we have lots of interest in this show.

4 of the artists cd's that i did were on the show and 2 of the artists sold lots of cd's from it (and got song placements)
One artist is Nicole McKenna - she has a great cd - check it yourself ...... www.NicoleMcKenna.com

Stop being so cynical ........ I'm on your side.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM

I'm not being cynical. I am not saying that your project is bad. It's probably a very good idea. It's just that I have seen other forums turn into useless giant advertising boards, and if everyone else followed your example the same would happen here.

This is blatant commercial advertising. You are doing even more of it in your reply.

Maybe you should read the DUC Terms of Use.
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?&Number=1009504