Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 01-29-2015, 06:20 PM

Default S6 Service Contract Experience

Just wanted to pass this along FYI -
When I received my S6, the Master Module had two buttons that were basically stuck in the depressed position, non-functional. There were some issues getting my service contract set up correctly and by the time I posted a support request, it was deep in last December's holiday season. I went ahead and submitted it hoping for a response in early January (considering the timing). However, I got a call within a few hours from an absolutely excellent service person, Brandon Cammack, who walked me through a confirmation process (use the diagnostic described in the back of your manual if you think you might have the same problem) and started a replacement process THAT EVENING! The next day was a national holiday (no shipping possible) and I got two brand new modules the day after (two switches on the Automation module turned out to be suspect as well). I installed them, sent back the originals at Avid's expense and that was that. In addition, I had a hell of a time getting the "Compression Plate" above the Master Module out during reinstallation and ended up scratching it. I told Brandon and he sent me a new one as well. So, for what it's worth, Avid (represented by Brandon) did an absolutely outstanding job responding to this issue. I'm totally sold on their S6 service support. And I'm not inclined to be impressed by Avid.

Last edited by rus5; 01-29-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:43 AM

Default Re: S6 Service Contract Experience

I just had an excellent similar experience with Brandon as well. They better hope they don't lose him!!!