Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-27-2013, 05:49 PM

Default PTHD9 missing license issue - Please Help

Hi,

Since last week my Pro tools 9 HD license stop working.

It states that "Pro Tools 9" is not authorized not Pro Tools 9 HD, but Pro tools 9.

I've checked my Ilok License manager account and voilá, the Pro tools 9 license is not inside the Pro tools 9 HD.

iLok states that the problem is not on there side.

Anyone can help me, please!

See the screenshot below

Regards,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captura de ecrã 2013-09-28, às 01.29.06.jpg (45.8 KB, 0 views)

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 09-27-2013, 07:47 PM

Default Re: PTHD9 missing license issue - Please Help

Marco have you tried right clicking that iLok in the iLok Manager and selecting repair? Its helped in more than a few cases.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but your missing the regular PT9 asset? The PT9 HD license is still showing up? You need both to authorize Pro Tools HD.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-27-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Marco have you tried right clicking that iLok in the iLok Manager and selecting repair? Its helped in more than a few cases.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but your missing the regular PT9 asset? The PT9 HD license is still showing up? You need both to authorize Pro Tools HD.
Yes, I have a done sync/repair a million times since tuesday :)

As I said,
"I've checked my Ilok License manager account and voilá, the Pro tools 9 asset license is not inside the Pro tools 9 HD."

I don't know why the Pro tools 9 asset disappeared!

Thank you sunburst79

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 09-28-2013, 01:13 AM

Hi Marco.

FWIW I've attempted to bring this to Avids attention and possibly get some one to look into it. Its the weekend so please be patient.

Two things I would suggest at this point. And you may have already tried them.

1) Completely uninstall any iLok software. Reboot and reinstall the latest version.

2) Try the iLok on a different system and see if PT would launch. Or if the missing PT9 bundle license shows up.

At the moment that's about all I can suggest.

Tchau.

Scott

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-28-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Hi Marco.

FWIW I've attempted to bring this to Avids attention and possibly get some one to look into it. Its the weekend so please be patient.

Two things I would suggest at this point. And you may have already tried them.

1) Completely uninstall any iLok software. Reboot and reinstall the latest version.

2) Try the iLok on a different system and see if PT would launch. Or if the missing PT9 bundle license shows up.

At the moment that's about all I can suggest.

Tchau.

Scott
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your help.

1- Yes I did several times, the uninstall procedure, even deleted by hand the PACE directories and preferences.

2- I've tried in 3 computers with different iloks, version1 and 2. The license is right now inside the iLok account okmpi

Really appreciate your help Scott, Thank you so much, Regards,

Old 09-28-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your help.

1- Yes I did several times, the uninstall procedure, even deleted by hand the PACE directories and preferences.

2- I've tried in 3 computers with different iloks, version1 and 2. The license is right now inside the iLok account okmpi

Really appreciate your help Scott, Thank you so much, Regards,
I'm sorry I can't help more. When you say the licenses is it the ilok account do you mean is showing as linked to the account or available to download to a key? If its available you might try downloading it. BTW I've read your posts and I know you know what your doing. I'm just asking a few questions to verify what wrong.

I escalated this and hopefully some one contacts you and can help get you sorted out.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

Old 09-28-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry I can't help more. When you say the licenses is it the ilok account do you mean is showing as linked to the account or available to download to a key? If its available you might try downloading it. BTW I've read your posts and I know you know what your doing. I'm just asking a few questions to verify what wrong.

I escalated this and hopefully some one contacts you and can help get you sorted out.
"When you say the licenses is it the ilok account do you mean is showing as linked to the account or available to download to a key?"

Right now is iLok account okmpi not in any physical iLok, yesterday I've tested in a new ilok v2 and a free spare iLok v1 that i have here.

Thanks for the help Scott. I really appreciated.

My best regards,

Old 10-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Solved.

Thank you Scott for everything.

It was not an Avid or iLok fault.

For some reason I've got a Protools 9 HD license that the bundle assets licenses are seperated and the Pro tools 9 as disappeared.

Regards,