Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell

Old 06-09-2012, 09:11 AM

Default WTB vintage Hyperprism plugs

Is anyone out there willing to part with their floppies of Hyperprism plugs by Arboretum Systems? I'm looking for v1.01 or v1.1 with at least 1 install. I have v1.01 with 7 installer disks, but have no installs left on the Master Key Disk. I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 AM

Default Re: WTB vintage Hyperprism plugs

Funny, I spent a good part of yesterday searching for a version of Hyperprism-68k to no avail. Is Arboretum still around? Was there ever a 'liberated' version?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:51 PM

A couple of months ago I found a reference to a video editing suite by Arboretum. But I don't think it's available anymore. One thing I found was this sales promo description. It's pretty tempting for folks like me with a vintage PTIII system. Sorry I don't know when this was published:

ARBORETUM
• HYPERPRISM
HyperPrism effects are now available as a TDM plug-in -- currently at version 1.01. This software lets you control two parameters (such as pitch and frequency) by dragging a point across a blue-coloured screen to set values according to the x and y positions within the screen. A wide range of effects is available, and, like GRM Tools, they are ideally suited to sound effects creation -- particularly for composers working to picture.

You get 14 real-time simultaneous effects: filters (low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, band-reject), vibrato, a ring modulator, pitch changer, flanger, balance, pan (auto pan, tremolo), stereo dynamics, more stereo, and M-S matrix. HyperPrism Consoles v1.2, including Max v3.0 TimeLine editing features, are also supplied with the software.

HyperPrism v1.1 (which should be available very soon) adds nine more effects: chorus, phaser, quasi stereo, hyper stereo, hyper pan (stereo tremolo, crossing pan, non-crossing pan, sweeping pan), and doppler. You also get new automation features and simultaneous MIDI control of all inserted effects.

You can either apply effects to your audio in real time using File mode, or use the Thru mode, which turns your HyperPrism TDM plug-in into a powerful multi-effects box. Built-in MIDI automation lets you record and playback effects variations using a Pro Tools MIDI track, and you can also control or edit your effects from any external MIDI device or OMS-compatible sequencer -- synchronised to MTC if necessary. Two instances of the same effect can be used per single DSP chip (except with the pitch changer, where you only get one instance per chip).

The excellent pitch-shifter can also be used as a harmoniser, and the new flanger delivers superb results, as does the ring modulator and the spatialisation effects. The filters offer resonance controls and much more. In short, the HyperPrism effects are of first-class quality.

I also found a PDF of a manual for Hyperprism TDM v2.5. I saw no credible references to liberated versions. Thanks for writing!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:19 PM

I bought Ray-Gun from these guys (remember that one)? What a great little noise reduction plugin... Anyway, I'm sure it had Hyperprism install on the disk. I never had a key for it. (I can't make it run) But if you are interested in just the install, let me know, it may take me a long while to dig it up...

nexis