Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-10-2009, 01:13 PM

Default Ableton Live rewired to PT8 problem.

I'm just starting to learn how to use the Ableton Live Lite 7 Digidesign edition that came with my 002R...going through the lessons and reading the manual. I know that this version of Lve has full rewire capability. Just to make sure it worked with PT I tried it in Rewire mode and it synced properly..but when I dragged a rack instrument over to a midi track in Live there's this constant noise going on on that track and I can't figure out how to stop it. Is this some sort of limitation or a sync issue? Is it possible to compose in Live when it's in rewire to PT?
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 10-05-2009, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Ableton Live rewired to PT8 problem.

Goth Boy,
Not sure what your noise issue is coming from, but I use Ableton Live ReWired into PT8, and yes I can compose in Live - with loops, and instruments - as well as in PT8 simultaneously.

As for dragging an instrument to a midi track - that's not how my workflow goes - I will double click the instrument, and it appears on it's own track - Similar to an instrument track in PT.

Also depending on the view - there is a button on the upper left of the track, just above the fader that will stop a loop - might help...

www.studiofifty.net

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad, 10.6.6, 12GB Ram, PT9, Logic 9, Kontakt, East West, VSL, Waves, Sound Toys, IK Multimedia
RME FF UC, Focusrite Octopre mkii, UA LA 610 mkii, MC Transport, Yamaha HS80M, Lauten, AKG, Sure, Blue