Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-20-2020, 07:45 AM

Default Replacing Broken units

I have a broken s1 and broken dock that I need replaced.

Anyone know a better way to get ahold of AVID?
I went through my dealer first... they said that AVID said go through the website.

I opened 2 cases and have heard nothing back.

Do I yell here? Yell at them on twitter? anyone had success getting these repaired?
Old 07-20-2020, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Replacing Broken units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norad155 View Post

I went through my dealer first... they said that AVID said go through the website.

Do I yell here? Yell at them on twitter? anyone had success getting these repaired?
Maybe PM Eddie Jones and see if he can help?
Old 07-20-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
Maybe PM Eddie Jones and see if he can help?
Eddie is out for the rest of the month and a week into aug. If you bought the units thru a retailer then they are responsible to send the broken units bqck to Avid, not you.

And this is a user forum and i never heard of anyone coming here to efchqnge a defective Eucon unit. Not trying to be a debbie downer just that the dealers job os to make sure they give you the support you are entitled to. Stay on them and make sure they swap them out. The members who had units not working in the beginning of the S1’s they got them swapped out asap via the dealer. Not here.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-21-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Eddie is out for the rest of the month and a week into aug. If you bought the units thru a retailer then they are responsible to send the broken units bqck to Avid, not you.

And this is a user forum and i never heard of anyone coming here to efchqnge a defective Eucon unit. Not trying to be a debbie downer just that the dealers job os to make sure they give you the support you are entitled to. Stay on them and make sure they swap them out. The members who had units not working in the beginning of the S1’s they got them swapped out asap via the dealer. Not here.
Yeah, obviously nobody here is going to replace my units... that's why the question was "Anyone know a better way to get ahold of AVID?" not "can you please come get my garbage s1?"

2 different dealers and avid are all passing the buck on each other so I'm getting a bit frustrated.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:09 AM

No need to be rude as we dont work for Avid, just trying to help members get a better experience. Hence why I answered you what you asked! I have always had our dealers replace or fix faulty gear and never had to contact the developer for service.

I will however pass this on to Avid Support ASAP and someone will contact you from Avid to see what can be done.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-21-2020, 06:23 AM

Quote:
No need to be rude as we dont work for Avid, just trying to help members get a better experience. Hence why I answered you what you asked! I have always had our dealers replace or fix faulty gear and never had to contact the developer for service.

I will however pass this on to Avid Support ASAP and someone will contact you from Avid to see what can be done.
I appreciate the pass along!

and my apologies for the tone... wasn't trying to be rude to you specifically! Working from your bedroom in lockdown is frustrating enough when everything is working right, and everything broke at the same time... (as is always the case isn't it!)
Old 07-21-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
I appreciate the pass along!

and my apologies for the tone... wasn't trying to be rude to you specifically! Working from your bedroom in lockdown is frustrating enough when everything is working right, and everything broke at the same time... (as is always the case isn't it!)
Understand you and your frustration 100%. I would feel the same if I was not getting the help I paid for and no one taking the responsibility so no worried and sorry for my tone in the reply aswell. Only had the best intentions in mind but written words sometimes doesn’t come across correctly

I have escalated your issue to Avid Tech Support and they will be able to help with this as we moderators cant see what they can see.

I will keep an eye on this and please feel free to PM me if you haven’t got any answer within 24 hrs so I can get back to them again. We will sort this out and I will do what I can to help

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-21-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Understand you and your frustration 100%. I would feel the same if I was not getting the help I paid for and no one taking the responsibility so no worried and sorry for my tone in the reply aswell. Only had the best intentions in mind but written words sometimes doesn’t come across correctly

I have escalated your issue to Avid Tech Support and they will be able to help with this as we moderators cant see what they can see.

I will keep an eye on this and please feel free to PM me if you haven’t got any answer within 24 hrs so I can get back to them again. We will sort this out and I will do what I can to help
Old 07-21-2020, 06:54 AM

i follow these posts as I went through three S1's until I got a working unit (bad pot #4 issue). Just wanted to give some props to Vintage King who were actual heroes helping navigate that over the past few months.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:24 PM
Avid

Quote:

Sorry about that. Please provide the case number you opened with Avid. We can't find any open support case under the Email linked with your user name here in the duc. You can also update your Email registered here on the Duc with the Email you used with your Avid Account so we can pull up the support case and jump on it ASAP.

Thank you,
-Tope