Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-06-2018, 01:00 PM

Default banking/nudging spilled VCAs problem

After spilling a VCA that has more than 12 members to my MC Mix/Control by selecting it in PT Control, I can nudge/bank on the MC mix or MC Control to bring the rest of the members to he surface. BUT, doing so results in Protools jumping to track 1 in the edit window and banking tracks from the top/first track of the session. Pressing ctrl and selecting one of the VCA members banks the Protools edit window back to the tracks visible on the surface, but this jumping back to the top of the session is very confusing.

Anybody else seeing this?

This is PT 12.8.1, Eucontrol 3.7, Mac OS 10.10.5

Espen

Last edited by espron; 01-07-2018 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:08 AM

Default Re: banking/nudging spilled VCAs problem

Ok, I think I sort of understand what`s going on now, and it kind of makes sense. As a VCA groups can consist of members from all over a session, PT would not know where to bank in the edit window anyway.

If I turn off "Edit Window Follows Bank Selection", it works as expected. I can bank my controllers without having the PT edit window jump to the first/top track in the session.

A problem with this is whenever I`m not having VCA members spilled out and I do want to have the PT edit window follow the banking from the MC Control/Mix. Kind of tedious to turn this pref in PT on and off all day long.

On the D-control/D-Command this was solved by using the scroll wheel to bank/nudge trough VCA members.

I think that adding a pref in EuControl that would prevent the PT Edit/Mix window from banking/nudging whenever a VCA group is spilled on the controllers would be a good solution.