Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2013, 12:29 PM

Default Fast Track Ultra 8R Blue Screen of Death...

Hi there.

Please can somebody help me with this. I have had a FTU8R for about 3 or 4 years now, and I have had this problem with every fast track driver to date, including the new 6.1.8 driver. I occasionally get a blue screen of death that says "Page fault in non-paged area". I am aware that this happens with M-audio devices when the computer comes out of sleep or hibernate mode, but I never use sleep or hibernate.

This mainly seems to happen to me when I load projects in cubase 5 that are memory and/or CPU intensive. I can create this bug if I assign analog inputs higher than analog input 1 & 2. As soon as I assign analog input 3 or above on a big project, I get the error. This error does not however occur when I load small projects. Also, if I have a big project that already has inputs higher than analog 2 assigned, then the project will crash even BEFORE it opens, i.e.: before I have a chance to assign the inputs in cubase.

At first I thought this was a memory problem in cubase 5 but after I upgraded my ram to 6GB, I still got the problem. This is definitely an m-audio device problem and not a cubase problem because I don't get this problem when using my friend's MOTU audio interface.

This is really frustrating because since I've gotten this device I haven't been able to get any serious work done on any big projects. I don't just have the money to keep buying new audio interfaces because the company that 'sold' me on it only releases new drivers every 2 years for my product, and even then the same problems persist. I was really happy when I checked the driver page and saw the new 6.1.8 update as I thought that m-audio had abandoned their 'legacy' devices and would not make new drivers for them, but once I loaded the new driver I was disappointed to see that this problem still persists, and I am not the only person who has gotten this error.

Please can you create a fix for this. Thanks.
Jason L.

SPECS:
Fast Track Ultra 8R, FTU8R Driver version 6.1.8
Cubase 5.5.3
Gigabyte laptop model Q1580v, 6GB ram
Win7 64-bit SP1