Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-01-2020, 11:56 AM

Default Re: 2020.3 is out

So far so good.
Yet, there is a quite noticeable lag from when pressing play till pt runs, also when pressing stop. Not so jiffy this version.
Simple session, plenty of ram.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:58 AM

Midi event list bug still no fixed !
Cant delete midi events AVID please fix this!
Old 04-01-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvg View Post
So I love the new folder tracks in terms of functionality, but I HATE how it looks. My beautiful color coded sessions looking 'garish' with fat lines and bright colors that can't be toned down.

I hope they update with some visual aesthetic features. Since so many of us will now use folder tracks regularly, I think it should look better than the current integration. I can understand why they want them so bold, but I think its eventual ubiquitous use in sessions will deem this look a little overkill. At least some visual preferences would give us the option to tone it down.

Otherwise, I think it's great, easy to use, and awesome for my workflow.
Looks like I'm not the only one. I wish that Folder Tracks could also be fully colored (at least have a separate option for Folder Tracks in preferences). Other than that, I love the new update! And I can finally see the cursor in MIDI Editor
Old 04-01-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Griffin View Post
My only disappointment so far is it seems the EU control to my iPad is now broken. I've got the latest V. 20.1.0.8. All parameters on my iMAC are correct. Anyone else?
In addition to the current iPad app, make sure you also have the latest EuControl app (v20.1.0.50) installed on your computer.
Mac Pro 2019 16-core, 96GB RAM, OS 10.15.2
Old 04-01-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Try ticking the routing option in the new track dialogue.
Thanks, I might have missed this.

Thanks to for the other replies on this issue, a lot to get one's head around.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-02-2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Try ticking the routing option in the new track dialogue.
OK, so I'm not seeing any other options. I can select routing folder (as opposed to a regular one), but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
If you select some tracks and right click, then go to Move To->New Folder, and create a Routing Folder, there is a check box to route the tracks to the folder in that dialog.
I don't have that option here. When I right click, I only have an option to Move To-> New Playlist.

EDIT - ok, I was right clicking the clips which doesn't work, but right clicking the track header DOES have the option to move to a new (or existing folder). All well and good, but it still dosn't route.

So I'm really struggling to see how this routing folder works at all. I'll keep reading up.... it must do SOMETHING, right?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-02-2020, 03:49 AM

it is not automatic. you only get automatic buss for "Folder1" for example, but you need to manually change routing of a track inside the folder
Old 04-02-2020, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
it is not automatic. you only get automatic buss for "Folder1" for example, but you need to manually change routing of a track inside the folder
Yes, but I now also see that this must be what originalscottyg was getting at, you do get an option to route if you right click track headers, click Move To and then select a NEW folder track. It doesn't work on an existing routing folder. Even on a new folder, the option to route tracks to it is greyed out until you then select Routing Folder track. But that's an incredibly specific series of steps, almost deliberately hidden from pubic view!

Have to say this is totally bizarre and confusing to me. What's the point of a routing folder that doesn't route? Under what circumstances would you want a fader, mute and solo buttons for a folder track that don't do anything at all?

(I've summarised all this in the routing folder thread here -http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2559577&postcount=12 )

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-02-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Yes, but I now also see that this must be what originalscottyg was getting at, you do get an option to route if you right click track headers, click Move To and then select a NEW folder track. It doesn't work on an existing routing folder. Even on a new folder, the option to route tracks to it is greyed out until you then select Routing Folder track. But that's an incredibly specific series of steps, almost deliberately hidden from pubic view!

Have to say this is totally bizarre and confusing to me. What's the point of a routing folder that doesn't route? Under what circumstances would you want a fader, mute and solo buttons for a folder track that don't do anything at all?

(I've summarised all this in the routing folder thread here -http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2559577&postcount=12 )
Yup, that's what I was saying. Agreed that it is a bit convoluted. It seems like there should be a preference setting to the effect of "Automatically Route Tracks When Moving to an Existing Routing Folder". Then we could choose whether this happens or not.

As far as being able to have tracks in a Routing Folder that are not routed to it, that part actually makes sense to me. For example, having reverb or effects returns associated with the group of tracks in the folder but not routed through that bus.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
As far as being able to have tracks in a Routing Folder that are not routed to it, that part actually makes sense to me. For example, having reverb or effects returns associated with the group of tracks in the folder but not routed through that bus.
Exactly. That's what I just set up in my new template and it's what I do in Reaper.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X