Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 01:18 PM

Default Basic Recording Question

I am very new to pro tools and I would like to start recording some basic guitar tracks. I am hooked up thru USB (bought the adapter at the new mac store) and my amp, how do I get pro tools to read the input? In other words how do I get it to recognize the guitar (input) so I can begin recording?

I am very new to this so any advice is helpful. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2001, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Basic Recording Question

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you want to use hardware other than digidesigns with pro tools? hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha
I'm sorry its just that everyone wishes pro tools worked with other hardware. Basically if your usb dervice works, your lucky, let us know. Apple leaving off audio ins was dumb and also alienated protools free users on the mac. Basically pro tools free should work with any sound manager driver but it dosnt.
Old 06-06-2001, 02:49 PM

I have an imac and with OS 8.6 and went the following route to get sound in: I bought a Johnson J Station ( other types of pre-amps should work also) and plugged into the input jack using Mac's sound manager. You have to remember to go to the tool bar to the sound icon and click 'sound in' I hope this was helpful.
Old 06-07-2001, 02:17 PM

keithbitz-

give your system with questions (ibook,OS 9.0.4,Roland UA-30 interface- or whatever you have). it's easier to give (& get ) good answers that way.

these guys nailed it, though- it's pretty much impossible. i record in PEAK (with the above system) and transfer that to PT.

search this Forum for "usb".

[This message has been edited by wager47 (edited June 07, 2001).]