Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 04-16-2017, 12:32 AM

Default Error messages

I got this Error message, What do I do? DAE error-7054 was encountered
This was because an Audiosuite plug-in could not be instantiated. I got the same error message when I tried to put a Bomb Factory plug-in ( a VU meter ) on the stereo buss, a plug-in I've used many times before. Any ideas about this DAE error-7054?
Old 04-16-2017, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Error messages

Perhaps a little more detailed list of software versions and system specs...? Pretty hard to help without, but I'd guess that you have to buy more memory.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:37 PM

I just started getting this one myself, after several weeks (months!) of everything working fine. Now all of a sudden it's giving me an "aae error 7054" when the Slate FG-X mastering plugin tries to load. Every other Slate plug works fine (I have the Everything Bundle) and FG-X itself worked fine up to this point.

Running 2018.1 on Win 7 if that makes any difference. Tried reloading everything in my iLok Manager and nothing seems to work.

UPDATE: Realized I hadn't updated my iLok Manager software for a while, so I did that and that seems to have fixed it...although I had to reboot for the update to complete so it may have been simply the reboot itself that did it...but in any case it's all working now. Hope it's as simple for everyone else having this issue. Cheers!

Last edited by coeadam; 06-02-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:59 PM

FWIW, the only time I see a -7054 error, its a bad plugin. The best example for me has been Drumagog 5. When I first got it, it worked great, but after a few PT updates, by the time we got to version 12.x, Drumagog has become useless(throwing that error every time). I couldn't seem to get any help from the company and uninstalling>installing a fresh download didn't help. at this point, I just moved on as Slate Trigger and Superior Drummer 3 are both doing a fine job. If you can pin the error to a single plugin, best to seek an alternative(or at least try removing and re-installing that plugin)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave