Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack (Only) Tunes & Tones...............

New sounds like what?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 AM

Default 11-Rack Pedals, effects & junk..............

Hey all,

Since I've got a good handle on the core amp tones in 11R now, I'm starting to look at the distortion & effects pedals............

Here's what I came up w/ as an example for some new tones............

I do realize that I always go for a certain type of tone / sound in each catagory (clean, crunch & lead) & w/ my playing your not going to get much of a different vibe on these.............

ALL of these sounds are set to clean at the amp & you are ONLY hearing pedal distortion & fuzz......................

The 1st rythm tone is the Lux Normal amp........1x12 Black Lux cab & Ribbon 121-Off Axis..........

The Black Op (Rat) pedal is used to add some light gain & I am using the Orange Phaser as well.............

I think this works well & has given me a sound that I don't normally go for.......

The (1st) lead tone that comes in is the Tweed Lux amp......1x12 Tweed Lux Cab.....Cond87 Mic....Off-Axis.........

I'm using the Tri-Fuzz & I have it set with the tone @ o or .5 & the Sustaine is at max (almost)..........I left the Orange phaser on as well..........

This tone is very bright, but it works & almost sounds like a wah at times to me............This is a very different type of lead tone fo sho..........

There is an added bonus tone that comes in at 1:10 & it's the Vox Satchurator pedal thru a clean Tweed Lux w/ the 4x12 Classic 30 cab.......Ribbon 121 On-Axis...........

I let this stand out as far as the transition goes so you could hear the change in tone.............I just did it to see how the 11R would handle a seperate distortion box................

As far as tones go I think I've got a few more usable ones for the other songs that I'm working on................

Enjoy (or don't)

http://drop.io/Tweed_Phaser_Fuzz#
Old 11-30-2009, 10:07 AM

Nice tones! If you're feeling generous, upload your rig preset files to http://www.elevenrackpresets.com so everyone can enjoy them. Thanks.

Justin
Admin
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com
Old 12-01-2009, 03:34 AM

Default Modern Machine........

Hey all,

I started a new tune last night & here's what I've got so far..........

This one has multiple guitar tracks / amps panned left & right at the same time..........Usually I just record 1 track of each part & move on.......This one has more double guitar tracks..............

Amps used are Treadplate Vintage, DC Modern & Plexi................

Enjoy................

http://drop.io/Modern_Machine#
Old 12-01-2009, 05:49 AM

I really dig the rotary effect.
Here a short attempt at Autumn Leaves.

Guitar is a Les Paul through the "DC Vintage" amp model with rotary, chorus, delay and reverb (all from 11R).
Drums are loops from the Pro Tools DVD.
Bass is my Stingray through a plugin (since 11R does not have Bass models ).

http://www.piller.at/music/sounds/ho...umn_leaves.mp3
Old 12-01-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss33 View Post
I really dig the rotary effect.
Here a short attempt at Autumn Leaves.

Guitar is a Les Paul through the "DC Vintage" amp model with rotary, chorus, delay and reverb (all from 11R).
Drums are loops from the Pro Tools DVD.
Bass is my Stingray through a plugin (since 11R does not have Bass models ).

http://www.piller.at/music/sounds/ho...umn_leaves.mp3

Hoss33................

Ah......that took a looooong time to load or open the page, but it was soooooooooooooo worth the wait........................I love it..............Damn U (&11R) sound good.............

It's amazing what you can do w/ 11-Rack & PT..............

I never knew that I had all these songs in me..................Lol

Hoss....I'm a fan now so post more bro ur stuff is top notch...................
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
Hoss....I'm a fan now so post more bro ur stuff is top notch...................
Thanks man. My website is usually very fast, maybe a temporary hickup somewhere.

I would like to post more but I am such a bad song writer that I mainly do other people's stuff and autumn leaves is over 50 years old so I am allowed to post it on a public forum

I really like the clean & crunch sounds you are getting in your latest track
Old 12-01-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss33 View Post
Thanks man. My website is usually very fast, maybe a temporary hickup somewhere.

I would like to post more but I am such a bad song writer that I mainly do other people's stuff and autumn leaves is over 50 years old so I am allowed to post it on a public forum

I really like the clean & crunch sounds you are getting in your latest track
The load time might be due to the new work building I'm in as of today..........

Being a bad song writer/player has not stopped me from posting & U R good son so ah.....just DO IT...............Lol

I'm very new to all of this & I think my stuff will only get better w/ time.........Every time I make a new song/riff or tone I usually learn something new in Pro-Tools or 11-Rack............

My "Modern Machine" tune has already taught me allot about layering guitar parts.........& how to build up parts & pan them............
Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 AM

Default Any tones or tunes guys?

Hey all,

I'm thinking that there are allot of 11-Rack users that have some great tones / licks / songs to share.................

The fact that 11-Rack comes w/ PT-LE means that there are allot of new guitar players getting there feet wet (like me) w/ recording now..........

There seems to be only a small handfull of clips & tones out there right now..............

I'd love to hear what you guys are coming up w/ tone wise..............

I had no clue on how to upload tunes untill a forum member on this site gave me some tips / pointers...............

The Drop io site is a great place to start because you don't need to login or be a member.........Just bounce your song/track or tone out of PT & then convert it to an mp3 (in i-tunes) & then load it onto the Drop io site.........Cut & paste the link into a new thread (or this one) & bang zoom.....Streaming audio..........

http://drop.io/

I'd love to also hear how you guys are approaching the recording process as well w/ 11R & PT..................

It seems like there are always like 20 users watching the guitar section at a time & about 5 new posts a day (Slow) total.............

How many people actually own a Eleven Rack Processor?

Do U like it, love it, hate it etc.............
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
Nice tones! If you're feeling generous, upload your rig preset files to http://www.elevenrackpresets.com so everyone can enjoy them. Thanks.

Justin
Admin
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com
Hey Justin..........

I wanted to let you know that I do plan on getting around to posting some tones on your site at some point................

I feel that the 11-Rack is soooooooo easy to dial in great tones that I haven't really created anything special at all (I have no tricks yet)............

Any tone is going to have to be tweaked later due to pickups, guitar, style etc..............

The only tone that I think is way diff is the Tweed / Phaser / Fuzz tone & nobody seems to like or want that one (maybe to diff)...........Lol

As soon as I create something worthy of ur site I'll post it............after I learn how.............

Thanks for creating it to............