Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 02-01-2010, 03:06 AM

Default server - server relay

A couple of weeks ago I sent a delivery to another digidelivery server. I ran into some trouble because my server was trying to connect to the other server, It didnt connect and therefore it took 4 hours before the delivery was sent the regular way.

From what I understand I need to switch on the server to server relay to digideliver files to another dd server.
Does anybody have experience from this?

Do I need to turn this function down when I send and receive deliveries the regular way?

Many thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 03:55 PM

Default Re: server - server relay

In order to use server-server relay you have to enable it at https://dgd.asperasoft.net/session/new

You need to set up an account on the Aspera server listing your Digidelivery server host name/IP address. You can then log in and either enable or disable server-server relay.

Once enabled, if you receive a delivery the files will get transferred directly to your server rather than waiting for you to initiate the download from their server in response to the notification e-mail.

In order for a file you send to go server-server relay the recipient must have the function enables on the Aspera site.

It doesn't of course actually speed up the actual transfer, just allows it to accur without being initiated by the recipient. To receive a file you still click on the link in the notification e-mail but instead of the file then being downloaded from the remote server, its downloaded from your own server.

You don't have to change settings when sending a file to someone without a server-server relay enabled server. All that happens is when you send a file a database on Aspers's server shows whether the recipient is set up server-server relay, if they are it transfers the file then sends them the notification e-mail, if they're not it just sends the notification e-mail to allow them to download from your server.

The only time you might want to uncheck the enable box on the server-server relay site is if say you are away from your DD server LAN and are expecting a delivery that you want to download directly from the sender rather than have it transferred to your Digidelivery server.

Hope this helps but shout if it doesn't make sense! Its a lot easier to do than write!

See also https://dgd.asperasoft.net/relays/what