Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-24-2002, 08:33 AM

Default Re: How do i reinstall a demo after the time runs out?

So there is a part of my computer that I paid for that I'm not allowed to touch? I guess I would have known that if I read software agreements before clicking "I agree".

I guess I just feel that the software development community hasn't deserved our assistance in protecting their property. Therefore I do not scrutinize peers for pirating.

Try writing to the company to see if they will give you authorization to finish your project. Worst it can hurt is the couple minutes it takes to write an email. Promise them some positive word of mouth, and let them know you'll purchase the software in the future when you have more use for it.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:47 AM

XHipHop,

Sorry about your situation, but next time your using a plug-in demo, record the effected track (with the plug-in) to another track, this way the effected track now resides on your hard drive. Maybe keep copies of the track with different amounts of effect, so you have a few choices when its too late to make any others.

Hope this helps
Old 11-24-2002, 11:42 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely not trying to abuse the demo system, but honestly i don't even know if i want to buy Analog channel because it's gone now that i'm at the mixdown stage. I honestly need to demo it further before making that evaluation, and that is why i asked here.

Further, i'm really sure in their old documentation it said you could download and install the demos again if you are done (it said that they were so confident you'd buy it anyway, that's why they set it up that way.) Maybe things changed, which is cool with me. I just wan to try before i buy.

Thanks again for your advice. I'm going to try contacting mcdsp tommorrow.

Bob
Old 11-25-2002, 12:05 AM

The simple answer was: Buy another computer! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
The right answer was from fprod south "Try writing(e-mail or calling) to the company"
When I first tried the Waves demo I had a problem making it work and then life intervened and I never got to use it before the 2 weeks were up. When I called(just to find out how to remove it) they were very nice and offered to give me another round. I had trouble downloading the KOL Realverb 1 week demo and when I called they set me up with a 2 week demo. Most of these companies are more than happy to let you demo their products, it's the easiest way to make a sale. Just don't abuse it and it'll stay that way. I now own Realverb and will buy Waves as soon as I upgrade my computer.As far as pirating goes, real pirates will never buy and will aways find a way. Serious users will eventually get the money and buy so they can have tech support and updates. So anti-piracy software is kind of moot, often penalizing and creating problems for the buyers while having little or no effect on the problem piraters.
80 G Seagate internal HD
60 G IBM Deskstar internal HD
40 G Buslink (Seagate)FW ext.HD
Old 11-25-2002, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lynxxx:
...often penalizing and creating problems for the buyers while having little or no effect on the problem piraters.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sounds like gun control. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]