Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2013, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Eucon 3 - have to reinstall each time to make it work.

Had same issues here. I have the v3 eucon software. The MC Client was running when I checked activity monitor right after booting, but the controller would not work when launching Pro Tools (11.0.1) even with the Eucon box checked in peripherals.

So restarted and I tried that Stop - Start trick in system prefs and that worked. I rebooted and experimented several times, and to get it to work like that every time.

Very stupid but simple work around. Just add one more weird step to the growing list of stuff you have to do just to get your DAW up and working...so you can hit record.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:57 PM

Anything on this yet.
This is so annoying to have to stop and restart every time.
Not just boot up but sometimes between projects.
stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start, stop start,...
See how annoying this can be.
Lets go Avid...
PreSonus 1824c
Faderport 16
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12
Studio One 6.5 Pro
Logic Pro X
Old 09-06-2013, 02:13 AM

I have already been seeing a large amount of posts about EUCON 3 no longer working with PT 11 and 10.3.6. And the not enough response from Avid has us a little concnered, especially since I'm interested in a controller.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhammernz View Post
Every day, I have to re install Eucon 3 to make it work. This happens whether I open PT 10.3.6 or 11. Both Artist and Mix units show in "My Surfaces" but no connection. Also I have to add "My Workstation" again and "Attach" in the Eucon settings but nothing works after that either until I re install the main program. Then it will works until I reboot.

There is a sort of half connection where I see some stuff on the Artist LCD but no controls work at all, until as I say, re install then suddenly it springs into life. I am on a Mac Pro with OX 10.8.4. I have deleted Eucon preferences several times.
Having the same issue after a fresh install of EuControl 3.0 under Windows 7 64-bit (Artist Transport showing up in Eucon settings but nothing further) I found a solution in the order of switching on PC and Artist device:
- when I boot first and power on the Artist Device after then I have the issue as above
- when I power on the Artist device first and I boot after everything works fine

Maybe this might work for you as well....
Old 09-06-2013, 06:28 AM

Senton2, unless you have some disposable cash lying around to play with, my personal experience has been that the artist series control surfaces -
- have not worked properly or fully since I bought them two - three (?) years ago,
- are not a serious contender in any way because Eucon renders them 95% unreliable,
- are not a serious contender because there is no support from Avid worth mentioning (none that can be talked about in a positive tone)
- have been relegated to a cupboard to make way for something that works for long enough to be useful
- are destructive to workflow and any sense of creative flow because they cause you to keep stopping - or even worse - have trouble starting.

My humble advice, for what it is worth - if you really need a control surface that just does basic things really well - look elsewhere. If you need something that works really well - look elsewhere completely - to a different company.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbieoz View Post
Senton2, unless you have some disposable cash lying around to play with, my personal experience has been that the artist series control surfaces -
- have not worked properly or fully since I bought them two - three (?) years ago,
- are not a serious contender in any way because Eucon renders them 95% unreliable,
- are not a serious contender because there is no support from Avid worth mentioning (none that can be talked about in a positive tone)
- have been relegated to a cupboard to make way for something that works for long enough to be useful
- are destructive to workflow and any sense of creative flow because they cause you to keep stopping - or even worse - have trouble starting.
+1
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielEUCON View Post
Here is another item to quickly try and let us know if it works:

If you get into a bad connectivity state, please try the following:
-Go to System Preferences > EUCON and press Stop (make sure Pro Tools or other EUCON DAWs are not running)
- wait 30seconds and press Start.
- Once the Surfaces are attached in EuControl, check that the local Workstation is available in the Workstations tab, and it is Attached.
- Launch Pro Tools (or other EUCON DAW).

Does the system connect and work with Pro Tools after these steps?
This is what I have had to do several times. This is not a good work solution. You shouldn't have to keep doing this to make this thing work. This unit is very disappointing.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 PM

hello, i have same problem. everytime i switch on computer i have to newly install version 3.0, otherwise artist mix is dead. some help or some statement avid, please !
Old 09-16-2013, 02:16 PM

I have the same issue. but reinstalling doesn't work. I just go through a multitude of deleting prefs, restarting, reinstalling, removing and adding the surface and the worstation until it eventually works. or doesn't. Had the same issues in the previous versions of the Eucontrol. Adding years to my life...

the bad connectivity suggestion in the system prefs did not work for me...
Old 09-24-2013, 12:21 PM

Just to let AVID know I have the same problem since I "up"dated my PT and firmware.

PT 10.3.7
Firmware MC Mix v1.5.1
EUcon v3.0
OSX 10.8.2

Our is there a new update that I overlooked?