Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-15-2013, 09:40 AM

Default ProTools 10.3.5 and Avid CoreAudio Manager Mac OSX Mountain Lion

Avid CoreAudio Manager is stuck in 44.1khz. All other sample rate options are greyed out. I have tried setting the sample rate in the Audio Midi setup up. Trashing the database in Library/ApplicationSupport/Avid/Protools, Uninstalling and re-installing protools. Nothing seems to be working. Hardware works fine in protools and all sample rates are available just an issue with the coreaudio.

No other applications open other than the Avid CoreAudio Manager when this problem is occurring. Have also tried logging in under another user account and above issue is still occurring.

Hardware is HD native Thunderbolt with Digi 192.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Last edited by Subsound; 06-15-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:24 PM

Default Re: ProTools 10.3.5 and Avid CoreAudio Manager Mac OSX Mountain Lion

I believe there's no other way to set sample rate than from within an audio application - PT, Logic, Cubase etc.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM

Fixed it on my own... I had tried switching the sample rate in both the Audio Midi setup and Avid Core audio manager on their own however it would not switch. For the fix I opened Avid Core Audio Manager first, then with that open I open the mac Audio Midi Setup app and switched the sample rate in the Audio midi setup to 88.2 which then switched the Avid core audio manager back to 88.2 and again allowed all sample rates to be chosen.... the trick seemed to be having both of them open at the same time... Sounds like a software bug between apple and avid
Old 06-29-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovique View Post
I believe there's no other way to set sample rate than from within an audio application - PT, Logic, Cubase etc.
There is. With the 002 and 003 driver on PT11, you can go to System Preferences and open the control label in the "Other" box. You can then set sample rates, bit depth and sync source.

I don't know if you can do something like that on a PC.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.