Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 04-06-2012, 10:41 AM

Default Channel Strip Bug

I'm a motion picture rerecording mixer, I have been using PTX for the last 2-3 shows I have been on. I have come across an annoying bug that I wanted to report. When changing channel strip parameters in preview automation mode, the Q value sometimes will not work (It will change then snap back to the default setting). The only fix I can figure out is restarting the session, then the Q value will start to preview again. I have had to do this so many times I can't even begin to tell you. Please Avid fix this ASAP
Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Channel Strip Bug

I have seen this as well. However, I have also seen this with Waves PIs, and a few others. I recently reinstalled my OS from scratch and have not seen this since. I am unsure of exactly how to interpret this, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Unfortunately I have seen this problem on 3 different systems, and it only effects channel strip Q parameter. Two systems are 10.7, and the other 10.6.. One is HD Native, and the other two Pro Tools HD. When I close the session and reopen, then I am able to preview again with the ability of adjusting the Q with my mouse or a knob.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 PM

I'm referring to "Preview" within automation, the mode that lets you move parameters without writing automation until you are satisfied.

When I'm EQing with channel strip and utilizing preview, when I try to change the Q value with my mouse it will change it then snap back, sort of when you are in Touch automation mode and you let go of the mouse button. When I restart the session I am able to change Q values with my mouse during automation preview. Its a very annoying bug.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Avid

Hi again.

Trying to reproduce your bug, but having no luck so far. What other parameters do you have automated while you're trying to adjust the Q? Does it matter? Thanks!
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 PM

I always have every parameter defaulted for automation with all plugins. The session im running has about 30 instances of channel strip. It seems that the Q value is buggy during automation preview with the high-mid (yellow node) parameter, it could also effect the others, I trnd to notch alot using the high-mid. It does it universally on every system im on. Hope this helps
Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 PM

Ditto on the bug. Very annoying! Though I havent seen it on all systems. Just one of clients..
Old 08-02-2013, 02:33 PM

I've experienced the same bug. HD3 system 10.6.8, PT10.3.6 - Very Annoying! It happens the most with the HMF Q parameter and now it just happened with the LMF parameters (gain, Q and Freq). I have remedied it by going to the parameter's breakpoint automation and doing a write current value snapshot (option / ) - then it stays and I can continue to tweak.... VERY annoying. Is there a fix for this?????