Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 AM

Default MBox 3 - ASIO Drivers not working

Hi, I've been having trouble with my ASIO drivers for my MBox 3 recently. On both my laptop and my desktop (running Windows 7 and 8 respectively), I am unable to select Avid MBox ASIO as an output in any DAW or audio program. I am still able to use WASAPI/DX/MME modes, but when I try to select ASIO, every program tells me there is nothing connected.

I find it strange that at the same time, both my laptop and desktop independently had the same issue. I've reinstalled drivers on both to no luck. I've also tried installing the drivers on a friend's Macbook Pro, which was able to properly use both outputs. I'm trying to find another windows to test it on.

Could this be a hardware problem? Or an issue with the newest drivers? I'm just curious as to whether it is a common problem, because I haven't been able to find any references to the issue anywhere.

Cheers for any help offered!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:09 PM

Default Re: MBox 3 - ASIO Drivers not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accius08 View Post
, I am unable to select Avid MBox ASIO as an output in any DAW or audio program.
Does this include PT, meaning is PT unable to use the interface as well or just programs that try to use the ASIO?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI View Post
Does this include PT, meaning is PT unable to use the interface as well or just programs that try to use the ASIO?
PT isn't able to use the interface either.

I just borrowed a friend's PC running Win7, and installed the drivers, and ASIO was working fine, which means it has to be something on my computers - perhaps running an older driver version might help.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 AM

Have you let Windows (or anything else) make any updates on the two computers with issues?

I would probably take the Win7 machine and do an Avid uninstall then reinstall PT, be sure to connect the mBox only when the installation calls for it.