Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 AM

Default PRO TOOLS LE 7.4 WON\'T INSTALL

I have just bought Pro Tools LE 7 with the Mbox 2.
After consulting the Guide I tried installing Pro Tools. Over the last few days I have been unsuccessful in installing it every time. The same pattern occurs.

- Insert CD
- Begin Installing
- Everything Installs fine until it gets up to the Digi-Rack (one of the last things to install) and then It tells me there was an error installing and I should try again
- I have tried now over 10 times
- When I connect the mbox the mic lights go green when i press the correct button but the USB light ISNT on however from what I have read that only comes on after a successful installation.
- I have tried initiating Pro Tools (before and after restarting my mac) as the main application seems to have installed correctly.
- Upon starting the program Pro Tools cannot find the Mbox no matter what I try and so it fails to load correctly.
- Everytime I turn on my mac i get 3 errors (after uninstalling Pro Tools these errors do not occur)

Error 1 -
"System extension cannot be used
/system/library/extensions/DigiDal.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used"

Error 2 -
"System extension cannot be used
/system/library/extensions/DigiIO.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used"

Error 3 -
"An item in the startup items folder "Libruary/StartupItems/Digidesign/Mbox 2" Does not have the propper security settings"

_________

I have no idea why this problem is occurring but its frustrating as I was looking forward to enjoying the software but instead im pulling my hair out trying to install it.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ollie

MAC DETAILS

MAC MINI
Intel Core Duo
1.83 GHz Processor
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Pro Tools LE 7.4
Mbox 2

Thanks
Old 04-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Avid

Default Re: PRO TOOLS LE 7.4 WON\'T INSTALL

First, do a clean uninstall of Pro Tools.

Then, restart and run the installer again - this time uncheck the DigiRack plug-ins during installation. The installer should complete successfully. Restart and, once again, run the installer but ONLY check the DigiRack plug-ins.

Hopefully this gets around the problem.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:16 PM

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me.

When I check what things I want to install I ONLY check the Pro Tools LE 7.4 tab. First time i left the Digi Core Audio one checked as well (it was checked by default) and when it didnt install sucessfully i uninstalled, restarted and just checked the Pro Tools LE 7.4 tab with no luck. I cant see anything to do with the Digi-Rack that is checked when I am installing. I will have another go at it now and see if there is anything else i can change.

Thanks

EDIT: tried again with no luck, there was no option to check or uncheck digi-rack but the installation failed when it reached the part where it installed the digi-rack
Old 04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Avid

In the installer, click on the little grey arrow next to Pro Tools to open the tab and see the option for DigiRack plug-ins.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:57 PM

Thankyou very much, that worked!