Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Problem With Transport Window...

Hey guys, I'm a semi-new user. I've been recording fine for the last 3 days. Today I decided to use the 'punch-in' feature for the first time.

I highlighted a section of the track in the edit window, set a pre-roll and post-roll so I could have a lead up into the part, then ProTools would record only in the section that I highlighted. This is called 'punch-in' right?

That works just fine. Here's the problem, and i know it's just a setting somewhere, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to find it! lol

Before I used the punch-in feature, I would just press the record button on the transport, it would turn red, I press play and it starts recording.

Now I don't know what I did, but the record button comes up with four different buttons now! One with a D in it, one with a P one with a loop around the bottom, and the normal one.

And also, I can't play anything, cause when I press the play button, it just changes to a loop button. And when I can't record. The play and record and stop button just start flashing and it sits there doing nothing! oh, and down the bottom in little green writing something says 'paused'.

Can someone please tell me what setting I've accidently changed and how to put it back to norma?

Thanks for your help friends.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Problem With Transport Window...

Angelus, It sounds like you are right clicking on the record and play buttons instead of left clicking. Did you somehow change mouse or trackball settings?

When you right click on record, each click cycles you to the next record option:

Non-Destructive (The default)
D=Destructive
Loop
P=Punch

When you right click on play, it alternates between normal and loop each time you click.

If you are left clicking and you haven't changed mousing options, I don't know.....

I am learning this ap too!! Here are some links to articles from books that cover PT 5 and usually apply to PTF as well. They are short and easier to print and read than the PT 5.0 Reference Guide:

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording...otools/1.shtml

http://www.prosoundweb.com/studyhall/bp/pt/edit.php

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/misc/pt/aux.shtml

Hope this helps,
bilco