Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I moved it to the dedicated forum for ProControl and Control|24, which happens to be in the legacy section. This was in response to a specific request to add ProControl to the thread title because the poster said "I know people with ProControls that can't find this thread". Both Control|24 and ProControl owners will be able to find it in the ProControl and Control|24 forum.

I don't want to stifle opinions, and did not close the thread. But it would certainly be more useful (and focused) if the opinions are those of owners of both Control|24 and ProControl rather than anyone that happens to drop in on the Pro Tools 11 forum that doesn't own either of these.

If you don't think the focus on this thread has drifted more than a bit, then we have to agree to disagree.
What a completely snide and disingenuous reply.

The fact is: This thread really has nothing to do with Control|24 and Pro Control - and everything to do with Pro Tools 11.

Both Control|24 and Pro Control continue to function perfectly. It is the fact that there are no drivers included with Pro Tools 11 which causes them not to work. Therefore the subject matter is Pro Tools 11.

Do you understand now?

That is why this thread should be put back where it originally was.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:48 AM

I would agree that this thread has nothing to do with ProControl and Control 24 because they work fine. The owners realize that new features will never be added to these former flagship controllers, but it seems like a short sided business move to alienate solid customers and businesses that use Avid products and would like to move forward to PT11 and HDX.

Please move this thread back to the original forum.

Thank you.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I moved it to the dedicated forum for ProControl and Control|24, which happens to be in the legacy section. This was in response to a specific request to add ProControl to the thread title because the poster said "I know people with ProControls that can't find this thread". Both Control|24 and ProControl owners will be able to find it in the ProControl and Control|24 forum.
I'm the ProControl user that asked 'to add ProControl to the thread title because the poster said "I know people with ProControls that can't find this thread"'

I NEVER asked to move this thread to the 'Legacy Products' section, let's make that absolutely clear, I just asked to add 'ProControl' in the title.

I feel my question has been misused by Bruce Paine to justify the move of this thread to the 'Legacy Products' section and I want to express my protest against this way of moderating the forum.

Please move this thread back to the 'Pro Tools 11' section of this forum as soon as possible.

This thread is not about ProControl of Control 24, it is about missing drivers in Pro Tools 11

Thank you

Mac Pro 2019 - 3.2GHz 16-core - 96GB RAM - macOS 14.4.1 - PT HDX3 - Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3.1 - Avid HD I/O 16x16 (x2) - Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital - Digidesign 192 I/O - Digidesign 192D I/O (x3) - Avid SYNC HD - Apogee Big Ben - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Avid S3 - Slate RAVEN MTi2 (x2) - iConnectivity mioXL (x4) - Genelec ‘The Ones’ 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos Music monitoring (AES/EBU) with 8341A (x5) + 8331A (x10) + 7360A (x2) + 9301B - Almost all available AAX-DSP plug-ins
Old 08-18-2013, 01:00 PM

Unbelievable....yet predictable...The irony here is that we have a company that makes one misguided decision after another who thinks they are more intelligent than its customers. It seems that Avid always has an answer...ironic to the point of comedy, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Music Belgium View Post
I'm the ProControl user that asked 'to add ProControl to the thread title because the poster said "I know people with ProControls that can't find this thread"'

I NEVER asked to move this thread to the 'Legacy Products' section, let's make that absolutely clear, I just asked to add 'ProControl' in the title.

I feel my question has been misused by Bruce Paine to justify the move of this thread to the 'Legacy Products' section and I want to express my protest against this way of moderating the forum.

Please move this thread back to the 'Pro Tools 11' section of this forum as soon as possible.

This thread is not about ProControl of Control 24, it is about missing drivers in Pro Tools 11

Thank you

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers

Last edited by louieshowers; 08-18-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:40 PM

Oh wow. Moving the thread where no one will see it. That was a really bad move Avid.

Last edited by wonder6oy; 08-18-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:48 PM

Well done Avid great incentive not to invest in your products for the foreseeable future.

I mean really it cant be hard.

But hey if dropping older products makes you look progressive then good luck with that.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:40 PM

And with all the effort to try and avoid this issue, they could have written the drivers with some enhancements !!!

And we would be sitting with our PT11 HDX systems and Avid would have our money and the world would be a better place.... But right now that's just a bed time story....pity
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 PM

I am absolutely disgusted, who moved this thread? This to me is the final straw, im now entertaining moving to nuendo.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeditor76 View Post
I am absolutely disgusted, who moved this thread? This to me is the final straw, im now entertaining moving to nuendo.
Who moved the thread? Ah maybe it was Bruce, who not too many posts earlier than yours gave a reasonable explanation for why he moved it. And as somebody who spends a lot of time on DUC I think this thread was in the wrong place, and (unrelated to its location) is also rapidly becoming counterproductive.

I suspect this thread is now good for oh say a hundred posts of outrage about it being moved. Which is not going to help anybody advocate any useful point to anybody. The message has been made here. If you folks want something to happen then pissing and whining about it over and over on DUC is not the way. If you want to get things actually done...

0. Form a user group of current unhappy owners/users, work out who you are, how many and where, what your objectives are and how to best achieve that. Work out how to get appropriate visibility and coordination, web site, facebook group, twitter posts ....

1. Contact Avid outside this forum to advance your arguments/suggestions/questions. Use contacts at Avid, and your charm and persuasion (that seems to be lacking a little in this thread). Email, pick up the phone. The point has been made here, anybody from Avid who is interested in this/follows DUC already has got the message.

2. Contact Avid's competitors and try to get them to offer a trade in/upgrade package for Control|24 and Pro Control users. Arrange a group buy/upgrade. Talk is cheap, do something to show these "I'm moving" threats are real. And Folk who seriously want to move to a competitor, do so, and make a noise about it when you do. And be sure to Email your copies of your purchase order/receipts to executives at Avid, or post online, to a Facebook group or similar.

3. Actually go start/fund development of a driver/c|24 emulator/convertor or whatever. "I'm a developer" talk is cheap (hey I do it frequently). At least pick things apart/have a look at what is going on here and understand the scope of what needs to be done either by Avid doing a driver and/or third party doing a driver or converter/emulator etc. And as a part of that get competent advice on how to legally reverse engineer anything you need to--and one way there may be to ask Avid (nicely) for permission to develop this.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:40 AM

That's some really solid advice from Darryl. It would be hard to think of anything better than those suggestions.

Regardless of how disgusting some people thought it was to move the thread, it also speaks volumes and gives a final answer to you that posting here on the DUC is not going to do a bit of good, and it would be a waste of time to continue. If there was any doubt before that they're not interested, then this should seal it.