Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 01-04-2019, 03:41 PM

Default D-Control - all faders stuck down (?)

Worked in a new room today with a D-Control ES. Weirdly, everything worked on the board, except the faders that all stayed down. When I did move them (the entire distance up and down), they registered extremely low-level moves in Pro Tools.

Is there a mode where this would occur that I was stuck in? What could have caused this? I'm a Dock/S3 guy and couldn't figure this one out.

Fortunately, it was a very short and easy session, so I mixed on the dynamics and EQ modules and the clients didn't seem to notice.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:33 PM

Default Re: D-Control - all faders stuck down (?)

There is a Fine mode for the rotary encoders.
It's also possible the console was in "Faders Off" Mode.

A power cycle of the console probably would have fixed it or a re calibration of the faders in the Utility menu on the console.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:52 PM

I had this happen at work yesterday. I tried everything, power cycling, recalibrating, moving fader rapidly, moving pro tools fader rapidly... until I did this and it's been fine since.

Option click the pro tools fader to -0, the physical fader followed and woke up. Hope that does it! (if the problem is still occurring 2 months later)

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 03-07-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
Worked in a new room today with a D-Control ES. Weirdly, everything worked on the board, except the faders that all stayed down. When I did move them (the entire distance up and down), they registered extremely low-level moves in Pro Tools.

Is there a mode where this would occur that I was stuck in? What could have caused this? I'm a Dock/S3 guy and couldn't figure this one out.

Fortunately, it was a very short and easy session, so I mixed on the dynamics and EQ modules and the clients didn't seem to notice.
Sounds like you had a control Flipped to Faders. Like a send that was nulled out. Or, the faders were turned off for “quiet” mode.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:05 AM

Thanks guys. I rarely work at that studio, so I haven't had a chance to follow-up. But this info will help the next time I'm there. Appreciate it!