Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-14-2013, 09:24 AM

Default HELP, how to make a triplet click track and how to use TL metro

Hi, I wonder how to create a triplet click track on pro tools? And also I downloaded the TL Utilities, after installed it, I couldn't find it on my Mac, can anyone tell me how to use the TL metro on the pro tools? Thanks!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM

Default Re: HELP, how to make a triplet click track and how to use TL metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackroylee View Post
Hi, I wonder how to create a triplet click track on pro tools? And also I downloaded the TL Utilities, after installed it, I couldn't find it on my Mac, can anyone tell me how to use the TL metro on the pro tools? Thanks!
I've needed a triplet click once or twice, and I just recorded a snippet of audio from the Click plugin in 4/4 > separated the recording at transients > kept one accented and two un-accented clicks > set the grid to 8th note triplets > quantized the clips.

You can also use TL Metro. It's found under Instrument in the plugin list, and you can choose a preset like Woodblock triplets, and set Link status to Transport+Tempo. If you can't find it, try to run the installer again.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post
I've needed a triplet click once or twice, and I just recorded a snippet of audio from the Click plugin in 4/4 > separated the recording at transients > kept one accented and two un-accented clicks > set the grid to 8th note triplets > quantized the clips.

You can also use TL Metro. It's found under Instrument in the plugin list, and you can choose a preset like Woodblock triplets, and set Link status to Transport+Tempo. If you can't find it, try to run the installer again.
Thanks, can you tell me more detail how to find the TL Metro? Where is the Instrument plugin list? I am new to pro tools, sorry
Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks, can you tell me more detail how to find the TL Metro? Where is the Instrument plugin list? I am new to pro tools, sorry
First, you need to have some inserts visible in the Mix window. Doesn't matter which.

View (menu) > Mix window views > Inserts A-E (or F-J, or both)

Then, click on one of the insert slots, and select TL Metro.

Plugin > Instrument > TL Metro
Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post
First, you need to have some inserts visible in the Mix window. Doesn't matter which.

View (menu) > Mix window views > Inserts A-E (or F-J, or both)

Then, click on one of the insert slots, and select TL Metro.

Plugin > Instrument > TL Metro
Thanks a lot, finally the TL METRO pop up, so I wonder how to play the TL METRO for recording?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks a lot, finally the TL METRO pop up, so I wonder how to play the TL METRO for recording?
Instantiate (insert) it on a mono aux track, and turn the Metronome on in the Transport window.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:23 PM

I've always wondered A) What Toms middle names is? Obviously it must start with L. B) Why He's got a click plug named after him.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM

Default HELP, how to make a triplet click track and how to use TL metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I've always wondered A) What Toms middle names is? Obviously it must start with L. B) Why He's got a click plug named after him.
Stay out of the hard cider Sunny. Your ramblings make less sense to us than you.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-30-2021, 01:33 PM

I am resurrecting this old thread because I still can't make this work, despite my Google fu. I am back on PT for first time in a while, need a triplet click. I'm on PT subscription, and I installed all the extra packages, I think, that it came with. The only click-related thing I have under Instrument plugins is Click II. Everything else is Boom, DB33, and other Instruments I remember from days of yore. No TL Metro.

Is this a bonus thing I have to pay for separately? Please help! My drummer asks for so little of me...

-talkingtobrian
------
Protools 2020
Studiomaster Mixdown Classic 8 console
Focusrite Sapphire 18i20 w/ Behringer Ultramarin Pro-8
Old 01-30-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingtobrian View Post
The only click-related thing I have under Instrument plugins is Click II. Everything else is Boom, DB33, and other Instruments I remember from days of yore. No TL Metro.

Is this a bonus thing I have to pay for separately?
According to this, TL Metro has been discontinued. But you can do it other ways. If the song is 4/4, try using a 12/8 time signature and set the Click to 8th notes. Or you could record or commit the click to an audio track and create a bar of triplet click by editing the click to the grid in triplets, then repeat that bar as long as you need it.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB