How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2020, 02:29 PM

Default Can't start Pro Tools after buying another license

Hi!
I'm a bit frustrated because after my license expired I had to buy another, but I've lost an entire day trying to make it work and couldn't.
It doesn't show on ilok Manager, I think I tried everything: delete old ones, sync, re-install ilok.
I need to get going on my projects, so, need some help.
Anyone can help me pleeeeease?
Old 07-04-2020, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Can't start Pro Tools after buying another license

Not much folks here can do for you. Especially since you have not described anything about what you actually did. Good you have tried syncing the iLok. But we have no clue what exact license you purchased and what exact software you are tying to use.

Pro Tools First? Pro Tools (standard)? Pro Tools Ultimate? What exact version are you trying to run?

You meant a subscription expired.. and you resubscribed to the same product? A Pro Tools permanent license will never expire.

Or did you upgrade versions of Pro Tools and had to buy a support renewal/license renewal to get an up to date permanent license? (And you presumably did that via a dealer since Avid does not offer that any more... in which case you can also contact the dealer for help).

If you just purchased an ongoing support renewal... then that's what you got. Just ongoing support but thad does not reup your old lapsed licenses update.

What exact license names show up on the iLok?

But unless you made an obvious mistake here you are much better off dealing with Avid support: https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support and create a license support ticket there.

Posting your incident number here might help.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:51 PM

Hi Darryl, thanks for replying.
I have Pro Tools Annual subscription.
So I went out for a few days and forgot to let some credit on my prepaid credit card, so it expired and didn't renew (I think) for this reason.
I tried to change the payment data, but it doesn't work.
So I've bought another annual subscription, but it doesn't show at ilok manager, and when I try to start Pro Tools I got that license activation screen, and it's a dead-end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Not much folks here can do for you. Especially since you have not described anything about what you actually did. Good you have tried syncing the iLok. But we have no clue what exact license you purchased and what exact software you are tying to use.

Pro Tools First? Pro Tools (standard)? Pro Tools Ultimate? What exact version are you trying to run?

You meant a subscription expired.. and you resubscribed to the same product? A Pro Tools permanent license will never expire.

Or did you upgrade versions of Pro Tools and had to buy a support renewal/license renewal to get an up to date permanent license? (And you presumably did that via a dealer since Avid does not offer that any more... in which case you can also contact the dealer for help).

If you just purchased an ongoing support renewal... then that's what you got. Just ongoing support but thad does not reup your old lapsed licenses update.

What exact license names show up on the iLok?

But unless you made an obvious mistake here you are much better off dealing with Avid support: https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support and create a license support ticket there.

Posting your incident number here might help.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliaskfoury View Post
Hi Darryl, thanks for replying.
I have Pro Tools Annual subscription.
So I went out for a few days and forgot to let some credit on my prepaid credit card, so it expired and didn't renew (I think) for this reason.
I tried to change the payment data, but it doesn't work.
So I've bought another annual subscription, but it doesn't show at ilok manager, and when I try to start Pro Tools I got that license activation screen, and it's a dead-end.
OK got you. Did you try a Refesh License in ILM as well as a sync iLok?

If that did not work I would try to uninstall ILM and install the latest version supported on your computer. And try everything again.

If stick I would really encourage you to create a support incident and post that incident number here once you have it and that will help Avid folks who do hang out here try to get you help. But it's the July 4th long weekend in the USA and that will likely affect things.

A surprisingly number of issues seem to be caused by people accidentally providing the wrong email address or iLok account into. Make sure you check that and provide all the correct info to support.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:01 AM

Hey Darryl, Thanks again for your support.
Yes, I actually tried these steps. I was wondering that I maybe did something wrong or forgot to try something, but it was not my system fault.
So, Its cleared out today. Avid replied my opened case and they noticed that it was a internal error there. So they gave me a 14 days temporary license so they will fix it this week

Finally I can finish my mix.

Thanks again for your attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
OK got you. Did you try a Refesh License in ILM as well as a sync iLok?

If that did not work I would try to uninstall ILM and install the latest version supported on your computer. And try everything again.

If stick I would really encourage you to create a support incident and post that incident number here once you have it and that will help Avid folks who do hang out here try to get you help. But it's the July 4th long weekend in the USA and that will likely affect things.

A surprisingly number of issues seem to be caused by people accidentally providing the wrong email address or iLok account into. Make sure you check that and provide all the correct info to support.