Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 10:29 AM

Default Slightly OT- sound of the new foo fighters record

Howdy,
I picked up the new foo fighters record last week and was quite surprised when I popped it in the ol' cd player. I don't know if it's the way it was mastered or mixed, but that thing sounds like it's pumping like it "goes to 11" at all volumes.

Is it just an obnoxious overcompressing, made to sound like it's about to blow your speakers at any minute? I'm not too used to Bob Ludwig records sounding like that. I'm not trashing the result in any way, I was just curious what you all thought of it.
Fitter, Happier Studios...
Old 10-28-2002, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Slightly OT- sound of the new foo fighters record

It sounds like the kick drum was mixed a little loud and its making the whole mix compress when it is hit.. but I kinda like it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]