Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2010, 07:32 AM

Default Pro-Tools Crashes when I Import Video

Hi,

I'm trying to import a 7 minuet Video clip into Pro-tools for a college assignment (adding audio to a film clip) but i'm having problems. This is the first time I have tried using video in Pro-tools.

'Quicktime' Format

Every time I try to import the clip in the 'Quick Time' format, Pro-tools crashes and gives the message: 'Pro Tools Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'

'Windows Media Video' Format

When I import the clip in the 'Windows Media Video' format, the Frames show up on the 'Video Track' but the window that plays the video is blank with the message: 'No Video Present' in the middle of it.

Other Info

Both formats of the clip play on their own players (WMP and QT). I have tried exporting the clip from 'Quicktime Pro' in the compression format 'DV-PAL' as another post recomended (it actually recomended DV but that wasn't on the list) but that didn't work...same result.

System

OS | Windows XP Home SP3
Pro-Tools | M-Powered 8.01
Motherboard | AsRock G31M-S R2.0
CPU | Intel Core 2 Quad 2.50GHz
RAM | 4GB
Chipset | Intel G31
HD | Seagate Diamondmax 500GB
HD | Seagate Diamondmax 250GB
Soundcard | M-Audio Fast Track Pro
GPU | Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

I've been trying work this out for 4 hours...help!

Thanks in advance